Chapter 5 (Rian)

(With Rian)

Rian trudged back into Ashborn with a frown on his face. He couldn't get that book out of his head. Why was it familiar to him, and where had he discovered it?

He entered his house and slammed the door behind him, not caring about if he woke someone up or not. He shuffled up the stairs and into his room, flopping down on his bed with an exhausted groan.

He laid in bed for a few minutes, before he finally gave in to the pulling darkness of sleep. What he didn't understand was that darkness wouldn't come to him instead, a bright flash of white appeared before him. When the light cleared he was standing in front of a huge tree, it was in the middle of a forest.

The tree was not just a tree, but a house for a young werewolf. He looked familiar to Rian, but he couldn't understand why. The werewolf had orange hair and sky blue eyes. When he turned around, and his and Rian's eyes met, Rian gasped it felt like his body was on fire. Pain, excruciating pain moved throughout his whole body, he couldn't move, he couldn't breathe. His whole body was on fire, then unexpectedly everything went black.

(With the pack)

Austin woke up to the sound of a door being slammed, his ears flattened against his head. Someone was either angry or upset, and that someone must have been Rian.

He groaned in annoyance and forced himself out of bed, stretching as he walked to his closet for a change of clothes. When he was finished, he raced downstairs and flung open his door, feeling the rush of the cold night air against his skin.

"Austin?" a soft voice asked, he turned his head to find out that the source of the voice was Bri.

"Hey, Bri, did the sound of a door slamming wake you as well?" he asked

"Yeah, it woke me up, I'm almost positive that it was Rian who slammed the door, "

"I was thinking that too, but why?"

"I'm not sure, maybe someone upset him?"

"Maybe, we should get Devin and go check it out!"

"That's a good idea, Austin!"

A few minutes later, the group was heading towards Rian's house, now accompanied by Devin.

"So, what's going on?" Devin, who was completely clueless as to what was going on, asked.

"We're going to make sure Rian is alright!" He replied, glancing over at the incubus, who nodded.

Upon reaching Rian's house, Austin knocks on the door, but Rian doesn't answer. Austin looks back at the others, and they all nod in agreement. He pushed the door open, and they enter Rian's house.