01: The Science of Deduction

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” - Arthur Conan Doyle, The Boscombe Valley Mystery

--

John came down the stairs as well facing that man who was now staring at both John and Sherlock repetitively. Sherlock squinted his eyes at the man who stood before him. 

“Who are you, answer the question only please.” Sherlock stated as he glanced at his watch.

“I’m the Doctor. And you must be Mr. Sherlock Holmes! Ah and you must be Dr. John Watson!” The Doctor offered his hand to be shook. John reached out but Sherlock just stood.

“How exactly do you know me and what do you want from me? No answer? Leave please.” Sherlock hadn’t even given this mysterious man a chance to answer

Just as the Doctor was opening his mouth to answer the question Sherlock pushed the Doctor’s hand down then proceeded to close the door. Before the door closed shut John jammed his foot and held the door open.

“I apologize for my friend. Please, come in he can be very rude. We’d be glad to have a guest.” John lead the Doctor inside and gave Sherlock a jab in the ribs.

The Doctor smiled and entered climbing up the stairs to their flat. Before John could follow the Doctor up the stairs Sherlock grabbed his shoulders. 

“John what are you doing! He could be a murderer, He could just be a mad man! he could be an-.” 

“Have you brought a guest back home Sherlock?” Mrs Hudson’s sweet and caring voice filled the hall as she approached the  stairs. Should I bring you boys some biscuits? 

“Thank you Mrs Hudson, but no. He won’t be here long.” 

“I’ll bring them right up Sherlock.” Mrs Hudson disappeared into the kitchen. 

Sherlock walked up the stairs. He took his his blazer off and threw it on the chair. Upstairs he found the Doctor scanning objects in the room with a stick that flashed a blue light and made him feel uncomfortable.

“Is this an actual human skull? And seriously, why are there... things in your refrigerator.” The Doctor glared at Sherlock while scanning the rest of the flat. John closed the door behind Sherlock and watched the Doctor scan the rest of the flat. 

“... What exactly are you doing with that ‘thing’ scanning my flat.” Sherlock approached the Doctor trying to confiscate the metallic stick. The Doctor ignored Sherlock and continued walking around the flat scanning everything. 

“Its a sonic screwdriver” The Doctor said twirling around once. When he was done he put the  screwdriver in his pocket, found Sherlock’s laptop and opened it. 

“Would you stop..! Who are you exactly?!” Sherlock said charging towards the Doctor trying to retrieve his laptop. The Doctor held Sherlock’s laptop in one hand and his sonic screwdriver in the other opening Sherlock’s blog, The Science of Deduction.

“The Science of Deduction! What a marvelous title! Lets see what you’ve got here shall we?” The Doctor dodged everyone of Sherlock’s attempted to snatch back his laptop until he stopped placing his laptop on the kitchen table. 

“The Earth doesn’t revolve around the Sun? Really.” The Doctor stood there staring at Sherlock with disbelief and amusement as Sherlock quickly closed his laptop. 

“You don’t believe that the Earth revolves around the Sun? The ‘Science’ of Deduction? You're talking complete rubbish!” 

“Try you’re best to convince him. It won’t work.” John just crossed his arms and sighed.

“Its none of your business of what I think. Who exactly are you and why are you here. If you won’t answer my question. Please leave.” Sherlock was now very annoyed and didn’t want to tolerate this ‘intruder’.

The Doctor began to speak while fiddling with his screwdriver. “Well, thats a very, long story. Really I’m not sure ‘why’ I’m here. A friend asked me to find you. 

“Find me? And who exactly is this friend of yours?” 

The Doctor stopped fiddling and looked up and smiled and said.

“Frederick Abberline.” 

A/N: Hey! I’ve uploaded. First time in 9 months. I’m afraid all of you have forgotten about this. I’ll try to get this regularly updated.

If you liked this Chapter Please:

Vote

Add to your reading list

Maybe even follow me 

xoxo Jenna_98