he's awake!

It was two days later that my brother woke up.

Mikeys p.o.v

The first thing I see is the ceiling fan, spinning and spinning away. Then I come to the realization that I failed. There's a bruise on my neck and stitches in my wrist. It really happened, but it didn't work. I failed, and I'm saddened. This was all for nothing. I did this to Gerard for nothing, because shit wasnt changing. It was going to be the same. I was still getting abused by my father everyday. I hope someone walks in. I hope someone will save me from him

"Mikes!" A voice echoes in. Gerard. I'd recognize his voice anywhere. I give him a slight smile that's pathetic compared to his cheesy, genuine grin. It's all I can manage.

"Gee. I missed you." His growing grin made me smile a bigger smile. His smile faded to a concerned frown.

"What happened, Mikey?" He asked me seriously. I shook my head as if it wasn't important, and he didn't buy it. How was Gerard so oblivious of the ways dad takes me in his room late at night and I leave from our "talk" with bruises. How didn't he know? How could my brother be so stupid?"

"Talk about it later?" I ask. He ponders, and agrees, telling me that I have to tell him later.

*two weeks later, at school* gerards p.o.v

It's Mikeys first day back. Seeing him walk the halls, he's sad. Afraid of all the things the kids uttered under their breath in the hallway. Funny kid, thinking it was all about him. Maybe it was,  I can't hear what they say any better than he can. He hasn't told me anything yet. I know he likes Ray, a kid in my grade. Im doing him a favor and talking to him today. "Hey Toro," I get his attention after the bell rings out and the tall kid with the halo of brown curly hair halts and waits for me. "You know of my brother Mikey?"

"Yeah. He seems... Cool," he blushes a little and his brown eyes seem innocent and curious. "I'd like to get to know him."

"Well, I think he'd like to get to know you too," I grin, winking, which makes his smile stretch wide. "Would you like to go to Old Mags tonight?" Old Mags was a small town coffee shop.

"Really? I'd love to. Can I bring you a date too?" He asked and my stomach dropped.

"Y-yeah.. sure," I stuttered. "See you at 6."

I wondered little about my blind date, and more so about Mikes. When I get home, I go into the basement where our room is. Mikey's slumped on the bed, staring off into space. His hair is uncombed and his lanky arms are hanging at his side, his scar climbing up his wrist.

"Got ya something," I say, and see him show minimal excitement. "You like that Ray kid."

"Yeaah," he agreed in a 'duh' tone of voice.

"Well, get that hair combed and find your best t-shirt. You have a date."

"Dude... Are you fucking serious?" He perked up, grabbing his comb. "Where?"

"Old Mags. I have a blind date too."