Chapter 2

"Wake him up already, the sergeant will be here soon" the words were close but they felt like they were far away at the same time.
"I'm trying OKAY!" Another person said annoyed.
"Sawamura" someone was shaking him.
"SAWAMURA!!! " the person yelled and started to shake his shoulders more forcefully.
"y-yeah... I'm... I'm awake" Daichi finally responded, his voice was still sleepy and rough from breathing through his mouth in his sleeping. Kuroo, who had his hands on sawamuras shoulders, let go of him, took a step backwards and brought distance between the two of them.
"Thank God, sleeping beauty has awaken" he said sarcastically which earned a chuckle from Bokuto.

Daichi meanwhile lifted his armes above his head and started to stretch his sore body. The light was blurring his vision, it took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust to the brightness.
"The others went ahead already, come on and hurry up" Bokuto who was standing in front of the transporter-door commanded impatient. In Daichis eyes it was strange, cause Kuroo and especially Bokuto were never known for being responsible or serious.

"Okay okay I'm coming" he growled and stood up from his seat. Kuroo jumped off the vehicle in the mean time . And walked toward his bestfriend with an unbothered smile on his face.
"Uhhhh we gonna get in trouble if we're running late" Bokuto said as soon as the other man was in earshot.
"Why so worried, Bokuto? I didn't know that you could be mature" the dark haired man commented still smiling from ear to ear.
"I know but I'm not dealing well with consequences and you know that! You're just being un-emphatically again" Bokuto responded and glared at the other man.
"Dude, 'Un-emphatically'? is that even a word?... And of cause I do not care, we are all gonna die anyways...And I swore to myself that I will not follow their rules... If my life is already going to be short, than it should at least be lived till it's full potential, don't you think?" Kuroo Tetsurou sure knew his way with words, everyone knew that. But once more he had proven it, that it was true... Kuroo really had the ability to change peoples minds, to give someone hope even in the darkest of times. And Bokuto was thankful for that and so was everyone else even tho a few of his fellow soldiers would never admit it.

"I got it all together! We can leave now. By the way thanks for waking me up and waiting for me" Sawamura said as he took his final steps towards the other two men.
"Fine than, follow me... This way please" Kuroo made an odd hand gesture while his words left his mouth.

They were walking a path that was surrounded by trees and remained of a little forest, it was quite relaxing, birds were singing and a soft breeze was tingling on their skin but it wasn't cold at all, the afternoon sun shone through the branches above them. It was peaceful and quiet till Bokuto couldn't stand the silence any longer and started to ask questions.

"Soooo, Kuroo are you sure that this is the right way? I mean how do you even know where we're going?" he said while hopping around his best friend, his head jumped up and down with every movement, that caused him to look even more like an owl.
"Can you please step out of my face, dude? Ever heard of 'personal space'? No?... Anyways I'm sure that this is the right path, Tsukishima told me so before he and our comrades left with Sir. Takeda" he simply explained.

His friend seemed surprised by his answer and even Daichi listened in disbelief.
"You're sure it was Tsukishima? I thought that guy couldn't stand you" Bokuto said carelessly.
"Hate... You mean he hates him" Daichi corrected.

"Yeah.. wow, thanks guys. By the way he doesn't hate me he's just blinded by my greatness!" Kuroo explained.
"Yeah right he's so impressed by you that he avoids you as much as he can" Daichi snickered. It was Bokutos turn to add his thoughts to the conversation. "Don't forget that he's always insulting you, I think he calls you 'the idiot bed-head cat' behind your back."
It was silent for a few seconds Bokuto and Daichi were having a hard time holding back their laughter and Kuroo stood there annoyed, he blinked a few times with no facial expression at all and that was when the other two couldn't hold it back anymore. They started to laugh like they hadn't in a long time, tears busting out off their eyes.

Kuroo who was standing in between and was used as an support object, lifted his hands and slapped his friends on the back of their heads. It took a few minutes for them to calm down but eventually their breath began to even and they finally had enough strength in their legs to let go of Kuroos jacket and stand on their own feet.

"You two are done?" Koor asked exasperated. His friends had a hard time calming down but they nodded their heads 'yes' and grind at the taler male.
"Good cause we're nearly there... I mean that doesn't change the fact that we'll be late because you two shenanigans though it was necessary to make fun of my awesomeness, but I will forgive you for two reasons a) I know that was an act of jealousy and b) I'm always that kind"
the black haired teen said while lifting his hand and standing in a position that made him look like a Saint. Playfully the others went along and started to bow down in front of their friend.
They were all enjoying this moment of peace and happiness but they also knew that they had to continue the journey.

Even Daichi found himself enjoying the moment but at same time he was bothered by something else. This was his opportunity, a good chance to apologize. Kuroo and Bukoto had always been so kind to him but he had been rude and unsympathetic, he remembered the first time when he met them they were chaotic, annoying and he hated the thought of spending a hole day with them.
But they had always been there for him and by now he wouldn't trade them for anything. He lowered his head and thought of how to put his thoughts into words, he wanted them to know cause this maybe one of his last chances.
He had to say it now.
He collected all the courage he had left and spoke.

"I know I said many bad things about the two of you, especially back in the trainings camp, but I want you guys to know that I'm actually glad to have you by my side."
He looked up again, Bokuto and Kuroo were sharing a short glimpse at each other, they had both a cocky smile on their face. But instead of giving the shorter male a verbal answer they just turned around and continued to walk.