~•[3]•~

~ and then I let the vase shatter
into a thousand glittering silvers,
scattered and beautifully ruined,
on the hard, marble floor. ~

•••

Think it through.

Those are the three words that run through my head as I scrub myself furiously with lavender scented shampoo, hot water running onto my back from the new and barely used shower head Chan put in last year when I was here. I scoff to myself. Who does he think he is to tell me what to think? I can think whatever I want.

I scrub vigorously willing myself to forget as I polish and scour my body until it's smooth as baby skin and slightly stinging. As if I could erase the whole conversation with soapy bubbles from the convenience store.

Grabbing the first thing my hands touch, I slip on a pair snug black shorts and a red shirt that I cropped a few years back, when I was into viciously cutting shirts in half, leaving them tattered and so short they were like bras almost. This one was lucky enough for me to save. It was from a little thrifting shop that I went to while I was in America with my clan, before I started to work with Bangtan.

Seungmin was there. We had just started dating. I remember how excited we were to do something normal for once, instead of killing people and sneaking around clubs and other mafia bases. I regretted cutting this shirt just seconds after I did.

I go to my desk with a towel hanging on my shoulders, water dripping from the ends of my hair that is in need for a cutting and sit down in front of my computer surrounded with bookshelves with thick books I used to read to train my body into the perfect, fit and strong mafia. I haven't touched them in years. They would have just about a million cobwebs on them if Chan didn't come in and clean once or twice a month. And that light above the desk; that's a hilarious story.

Seungmin busted into a mafia's base just to get this light that he'd seen while posing as a new recruit. He almost got us killed for it and later when we grilled him, searing holes in his face with our eyes, his only excuse was that it would look nice on my desk.

I giggle to myself then bang my face on the table. I need to get him out of my head.

The smile vanishing from my face, I open my files and look through the data that was too big and long to give to Jeongin. I download them onto a drive and take the disk out, grabbing a small clean folder-like envelope to place it in.

Debating if I should give this to Jeongin for a hard copy or to Chan because he's the leader, I get up and start toward Jeongin's room, but then turn back to Chan's. He's the leader. This is strictly business. I only have to give it to him.

I walk into his office, not bothering to knock. When I enter, I see Seungmin sitting in one of the chairs and Chan in his chair.

I hold up the disk in it's case, ignoring Seungmin who I can sense looking me up and down. By the way I'm not looking at him, you'd think he was invisible.

"Have a seat," Chan says motioning to the chair across of Seungmin.

"No thanks. I just came to drop this off," I say, hoping he knows my glare is a warning.

"Bang Hwayoung, sit down now," Chan's his teeth gritted as he orders me down.

I hate it when he commands me. Just because he's the leader. Me being a girl doesn't mean I can't be one either; but he says I'm not fit for the job.

Right when Chan opens his mouth again a few knocks come from outside. Huffing he gets up and opens it impatiently. Hyunjin stands in the door frame, his hands in his pockets, eyes flicking from me to Seungmin to my brother discreetly. "Could I see Hwayoung for a minute?" When he's met with Chan's glower, he adds, "It'll be quick."

Chan looks back at me, solemnly. "Leave the drive and come back quickly. I need to speak with you alone."

"Okay," I whisper putting the drive on his desk and scurrying after Hyunjin with my head down.

A/N: surprise?? ahah. i updated because i didnt want to wait another month. its a filler chapter tho. do u guys actually enjoy reading this book? hope u guys r staying safe and healthy!!