Rivalry

This story was requested by @MohammedAliKhan145 I hope this is what you were thinking of.

The north and south, often referred to as the northside and southside, had tight boundaries in Riverdale. The two sides were so different, yet in the same town, the northside was the 'rich side' although Southsiders just saw them as stuck up.

The southside was considered 'dangerous' since it was mostly gang members, although it wasn't that bad and the people weren't dangerous.

The north was controlled by the Andrew-Lodge family, Veronica Andrew-Lodge and Archie Andrew-Lodge. And the other side was the Jones family, Forsythe Pendelton 'Jughead' Jones the third and Betty Jones.

The four were all 29, taking control after their parents had stepped down. It was odd though, they used to all be best friends when they were kids, Jughead and Archie would meet at the boundary line and go to pops, which was right in the middle.

They met Betty and Veronica there, but as they grew up they had more responsibility and grew apart, Archie and Veronica splitting to one side and Jughead and Betty to the other.

They lost touch, not meeting up anymore, and then grew up and took the crowns from their parents. The two pairs didn't have a problem with each other, other than being complete opposites. Well, that was until Archie and Veronica tried to move the boundary line so pops were completely on their side.

The diner was a place of peace, never any problems, a place anyone from either side can go to relax, but Veronica thought it was bad to have dangerous people so close to the northsiders.

The debate of where the diner would stand or stay, along with some name-calling, had led them to hate each other and you could say they were both done with the others shit.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"This makes no sense, what's the point of moving it? There's never been a problem there! You two are just too stuck up to realize you can't have everything to yourself!" Betty yelled, crossing her arms.

It was like a battlefield, the Andrews on one side with the Jones on the other in the big house on the northside.

"Do you know how many northsiders I have caught talking to those scum people?" Veronica asked, raising a raven eyebrow. "Scum? You haven't even met any of the people! So you of all people have no choice in what is good and bad, you son of a-" Betty took a step forward, hand curling as she squared off against Veronica.

"This is stupid squabbling guys, pops is supposed to be a place of peace and yet we're having a war over it," Jughead said, grabbing Betty's hand and pulling her bad slightly.

"You think we're trying to start a war? You wouldn't last a second against us" Archie snapped, Jughead raised an eyebrow at him. "You act as we walk around being all prissy and proper, you literally walk around wearing a crown on your head!" Veronica yelled, gesturing at his beanie.

Betty let out a deep breath and Jughead put his arm around her shoulders. "This is so dumb, I'm leaving, we're not moving the boundary line, we're not moving pops." she rebuked, turning on her heels.

"Sorry, blue jasmine, the boss has spoken. Better luck next time" Jughead said, starting to follow her "See you later carrot top!" he said before catching up with Betty and leaving.

Veronica crossed her arms and huffed a breath, turning and stomping away, the clicking of her heels fading. Archie shrugged, he didn't really have a problem with where pops were, but it was Veronica.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you believe the nerve of them? Trying to take away our diner, OUR hangout." Betty fumed as she stomped out, her ponytail jumping up and down as Jughead followed her.