Prolouge

They've always haunted my mind...

The titans... they.... they kill everyone....

They're ɱerciless  ɱonsters......

________________________________________

I was in the corner, well, cornered. and getting the usual treatment, you know, getting bullied. It happens everyday, I've stopped trying to prevent it because I know that won't happen. And it never will. It's the year 845! the time they'd probably stop beating me up would be around 855, but that's a long way away.

I wish something would happen to stop this -anything- I'm tired of-

"Hey!! back off!" someone screams.

Everyone turned towards the sound of the voice.

Renee, I'm not surprised she's here...... here we go again....

I mentally groaned and waited for my sister to chase them away from me. I zoned out, but I got the gist it.

"Stop it!"

"so what Renee?"

"do you want me to come and punch you buttholes?"

"n-no"

and they fled.

Renee stormed over to my limp body that was lying beside a wall. She glared at me, then noticed the wounds they inflicted on me. Her eyes widened. I looked at myself to see what they'd done too. Renee's never gone wide-eyed at my injuries before.

Oh....... I'm bleeding because there's a gash on my leg, it looks pretty deep.

okay...... now I'm wondering how and why I didn't feel the pain.... I'm amazing that way.

Renee stared at me with disappointment "I told you to never give up......" she frowns. Then offers a hand to help me stand up. I gladly accepted it and leaned on her for support. Then we started limping our way back home.

"I told you not to give up." she sighs.

"Tried that. They do worse things to me if I do." I replied.

"well, let me walk you back home then." she suggests.

"No, it's too awkward." I complained.

"This is for your safety, Nise." She stared at me "I don't want you to get hurt."

I grimaced "Well, 'big sister'. I'd appreciate if you don't escort me everywhere."

"it's for you-" I cut her off

"well, I'd rather get beaten up than having a blob following me everywhere." I scowled.

"Fine. have it your way." She let go of me.

I fell to the floor.

"Get your own butt home, then." and with that, she walks away into the distance.

I tried to get up, only to fall back on my face again. I sighed and tried to get up again. and again. and again. and-

The world started shaking. High-pitched screams echoed across the whole place. Frequent thumping was heard in front of me. I managed to roll to the side and witnessed what was going on......... people running away from someone - no, someone - I wondered what it might be so I glanced up to see.

I....... I shouldn't have done that........ a huge humanoid creature's head was looming above the wall staring at Shiganshina and the screaming civilians fleeing in terror. It did pounded at the wall, causing  cracks to appear.