c h a p t e r • 8

Liliana

"No fucking way!" Sam exclaims.

"Yes." Hannah says.

"No!" Sam gasps for the hundredth time.

"Yes." Hannah repeats for the hundredth time.

"Negative." Sam glares playfully.

"Positive." Hannah says.

"No-" I interrupted Sam.

"You are literally giving me a headache." I say, holding Sam's shoulder.

"I can't believe it's you." Sam says.

"How do you think I felt when I saw Lili earlier? I really thought I was hallucinating but then that guy said her name and I pieced things together." Hannah points at a displeased looking Ryder.

Aww, is the poor guy jealous of not getting enough attention?

"Maybe you are hallucinating and all of us don't know who you are but we pretend we do so you don't feel embarrassed." Kyle says.

"Oh, Kyle. I missed you." Hannah says, grinning.

"The feeling is not mutual." Kyle rolls his eyes at her.

They never got along. Even when she moved away, we were all crying except for Kyle who was happily waving at her as she drove away like he saw Santa Claus.

"Kyle. Be nice." Sam nudges my brother.

"I don't see why I have to." He argues. "This little pig was sent from hell to-aahhh oww!"

"Where is Nat and Landon?" I ask.

"I think they went on the Ferris wheel." The quiet Ryder speaks up.

"Oh." I say.

"So, are you two like a thing?" Hannah asks Ryder and I.

"Well, uh, not anymore." I shrug.

"Cool." She grins. "I mean, it'll get better." She clears her throat.

"Who are you?" James appears out of nowhere.

"This is Hannah. She was our childhood friend." I say.

"Oh." He nods, scanning Hannah as if he was observing some type of artifact.

"I don't think she's straight." James whispered in my ear when Hannah wasn't looking around.

"She has a boyfriend. She was talking about him earlier." I say. "So, I don't think that's true. Besides, how would you know?"

"There's this thing called a gaydar...and not gonna lie, when I first met you, my gaydar went off." He says and laughed.

"Okay, maybe I am bi but I'm sure everyone has been at least once in their life." I say.

"True." He shrugs.

"How about we go grab something to eat?" Kyle says, sounding bored and annoyed. Probably was because Sam was giving all her attention to Hannah and not Kyle.