SOMETIMES THE BEST PLACE IS BEFORE THE BEGINNING

MaryJane Wilson had been the first; the first body we found, in the cafeteria butchered and hung on the door like a slab of meat, her intestines spilled on the expensive marble tiles. It marked the beginning of the downfall of us. I couldn't close my eyes, the image of her terror crazed misty blue orbs haunted me, it was engraved in my memory.

MaryJane's death shook the foundations of Elite prep, It shook the entire population of our ridiculously rich town, Summerhalts, but Richard Hart's death collapsed it.

I remembered it, I dreamed about it, and I was probably the only one who'd witnessed it, not exactly but I was there. Richard and I were laid in my dorm on the soft white rug,staring at the fake stars illuminating the dark room, a grey blanket covering our naked bodies. Everything was normal, It was a Sunday night, his arms were around me, as he told sweet lies, denied every truth I'd already known of, but it was normal, we were fine, till I couldn't see a thing, only his terrified screams filling the room, It lasted so long, I could taste it, I could feel chills running up and down my spine. He sounded so terrified, I only remember crying, yelling, pushing, fighting and then the next morning he was gone leaving behind bruises scattered over my skin.

I didn't know it then but that was the night Richard chose the woman he truly loved.

Richard was missing for a year and appeared after MaryJane's death. He'd come back like he'd never been missing, he was different, he was violent, I'd noticed the satisfied glint in his eyes when he caused pain to others, and how angry he got so fast, I thought it was just one of his moments, I loved him too much.

I didn't want to think about that night...

I didn't want to think of the possibility of him being one of them..

Until now...

as i'm within the sea of faceless bodies as we watched Richard Hart's body (or what was remaining of it) being lowered into his grave, the entire town was there, people who hated him, who didn't love him like I did . My gloved fingers were tightened into a fist. I knew it was the beginning of our ruin, our small rich town filled with spoiled brats and families who had way too much money

silly, brat, bully

that was who I was, only now did I consider the real world. I felt dangerously close, dangerously close to the edge as I pictured it over and over , unable to get the picture out of my mind. Richard's badly burnt body floating in the bath tub in my dorm, the water red with his blood.

who was next?

soon someone would be haunted by the look in my honey brown orbs as the last sign of life seeps out, they will be haunted by my knowledge , of the fact that I had seen it.

~

a/n

I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD SAY THIS NOW , A LOT OF THIS WILL FEEL UNEXPLAINED MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S IN FIRST PERSON AND SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT'S HAPPENING EITHER BUT I'M THINKING OF WRITING EITHER A PREQUEL OR SEQUEL. WHICH EVER FEELS RIGHT. OR I'LL JUST LEAVE IT( I DON'T KNOWW)