Leaving

Surprise Author Birthday update! I love you guys! <3

Taehyung wanted to Scarlett's far away from this place, where no one could find them and no one would know them. That much he has expressed to his girlfriend enough for her to know that he was serious. Taehyung paced back and forth in their small hotel room, thinking about their life ahead. He sighed an rubbed his temples, remembering they were running out of money too. He remembered the words the news caster said the night before. Mr. Lee had always had health problems it was only a matter of time. Taehyung sat down as a new idea popped into his head, one he hadn't yet thought of. 

When Scarlette exited the bathroom from taking a shower, she found her boyfriend grinning like a madman. Of course, she wasn't so sure that was too far off. The more she is with him the more she notices a slight strangeness in his behavior. However that wasn't reason enough for her to stop loving him. 

"Taehyung?" She asked, pulling from his plot, "Watcha thinking?"

"Nothing to concern yourself with." He shook his head then gestured for her to come over. Scarlette slightly frowned at this, what was that supposed to mean? Regardless, she walked over and plopped herself in his lap without question.  

"Scarlette? How much do you love the circus?"  

"What?" Scarlette turned to him with a questioning face. 

He repeated his question, this time giving her time to think.

"I mean it's alright I guess. Why?"

"Well you know that old circus I'm from?"

"You mean the one you came from? Yeah what about it?"

"I'm thinking of going back."

Scarlette looked at him startled, "W-why? Are you sure?"

Taehyung nodded, "I've been thinking about it for a while now. I mean, the circus life is all I know, but I want to bring you along with me."

Scarlette shook my head, "I don't know about that. What about school?"

Taehyung snorted, "School? You haven't been going anyway, not since your parents died."

Scarlette looked down as sorrow filled her with memories of life before that fire that took everything from her. Taehyung felt guilty for reminding her of that terrible experience. He used his massive hand to lift her chin to face him.

"I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to remind you." He apologized sincerely looking into his girlfriends watery eyes. She had just started getting better, he wanted her dependent, not despondent. 

"It's alright," Scarlette sniffed and wiped her doe tear-filled eyes, "You're right, I just- I don't know it would be so different. And what about Daehyun and Yoongi? They're our only friends."

Taehyung shushed her and whispered softly, "We'll figure it out."

Scarlette sighed, "It's so weird. I mean a fire randomly happening like that. I guess I just can't get it out of my mind."

"It's best not to think of it." Taehyung dismissed with a slight wave of his hand, then pulling her against him.

Scarlette nestled her head onto his firm chest, but she continued to talk, " I know but I just can't help but wonder if there is anything else we could to- you know figure it out?"

Taehyung suddenly grabbed her harshly by the shoulders and yanked her up, shaking her slightly, " Scarlette I don't want you to-"

"Maybe we could ask the police if there are any-"

"Scar-"

"There must be cameras-"

SMACK

Scarlette fell off of Taehyung's lap holding her stinging, red cheek. She looked up to her boyfriend with tears starting to fall down her face. Taehyung's face was masked with anger.

"Scarlette how many times do I have to FUCKING TELL YOU TO STOP THINKING ABOUT!?"

Taehyung stood up and yanked her by the arm, "Huh? Answer me!"

Scarlette's sob sent the angry young man reeling back to reality.

"Oh-oh Scarlette! I'm so sorry!" Taehyung went to hug his girlfriend only to be shoved away.

"Stay away from me." Scarlette hissed recoiling her hand from her bruised cheek.

"Please-"

"No Taehyung don't even try to justify." She held up her hand to stop him, "I-I just need some space right now."

Taehyung tried to reason with her as she grabbed the few things she had and scooped her cat up into her arms.

"Taehyung just shut up!" Scarlette snapped angrily, "You can't fucking fix it so just back up! If you need me I'll be at Daehyun's house."

Before Taehyung knew it, he was standing alone in the room where so many memories with his love were made with nothing but his cruel thoughts for company."