ONE

"I love you, Jimin!!!"

"Oppa!!! Please just one more hug, it means the world!!!"

"Please just take one selfie with me Jimin, I love you so much!!!"

"I, Uhm, thank you, but, I..."

"You're my reason to live, Jimin!!!"

"I'm gonna cry, you're so amazing!!!"

"Just one more hug, please Jimin?!"

"I-I...c-can't...b-breathe..."

"Jimin? You still here?"

Jimin pulled his earphones out as he registered his manager in the huge mirror wall in front of him.

"Sorry Namjoon, what did you say?"

He wiped the sweat off his heated face with his hand, while looking for his towel.

With a questioning look on his face, Namjoon brought both his hands up in the air as he approached Jimin.

"Do you know what time it is? You need to get some sleep!"

"I know," Jimin responded while avoiding eye contact, "I just can't seem to get this one part of the dance right..."

Namjoon let a deep sigh escape his lips as he observed the clearly overworked idol in front of him. He crossed his arms, giving Jimin his stern face.

"Hey... You can't keep staying up late every night just to perfect tiny details that nobody else will even notice..."

"That's not fair, I-"

"Jimin," Namjoon interrupted, "Last night it was a specific melody strip. Today it's a part of a dance. You have to give yourself a break, I'm serious..."

"Look at you, acting all parent-like," Jimin teased while gathering his stuff.

"Jimin, I swear to god-"

"I know, I know. I just want it to be perfect..."

And he really did.

He really wanted it to be perfect.

"You okay?"

Jimin took a deep breath, nodding confirmingly to Namjoon as they entered the elevator, in which he had been smothered by fans just weeks ago. In which they somehow had managed to find him, just to let their endless love for Jimin wash over him.

That was the first time Jimin couldn't breathe.

However, what bothered him was not the fact that he was smothered to the point of not being able to get air. It was not even the fact that his fans had broken into the building.

What bothered him was that it came from a place of love.

"You know," Jimin quietly began, "I kind of wish it would've been haters..." 

Namjoon's eyebrows instantly raised in confusion.

"If they were haters," Jimin continued, "It wouldn't have been so complex..."

"It's not complex, Jimin," Namjoon sternly said, "Those people intruded on your privacy. They put you in danger."

"It's not always that simple, though..." Jimin said, "Some of them have nothing... They know nothing, except their love for their idol... They probably didn't even realize themselves what they were doing..."

"You can't think like that, Jimin. They hurt you, it's just wrong."

"I'm just saying..." Jimin tried, "It would've been easier to grasp if they were just haters trying to hurt me. These people weren't trying to hurt me. In fact, they wanted the complete opposite..."

Namjoon crossed his arms, shooting a doubtful look Jimin's way.

"I mean," Jimin continued, "Don't you remember being a teenager? You know, just being lost in life, and then you find something you're just so starstruck about that you get complete tunnel vision of it..."

"Being a teenager, yes. Being starstruck, no."

Jimin's lips were suddenly teased by a smirk, observing Namjoon trying to look as unaffected as possible.

"Oh please," Jimin began, his smirk growing bigger, "You get starstruck every time that handsome guy walks up to us. What's his name? Kim, something..."

"A guy with the surname Kim. Very specific, Jimin."

"Like you don't know who I'm talking about. Kim Seok, something. Always tells awful jokes."

The elevator doors parted, revealing the building's parking garage. The pair was met by their driver, and some security staff.

Following the latest incident, Namjoon had demanded extra security staff around the building until they found a better solution.  

"You're talking about Kim Seokjin," Namjoon whispered to Jimin as they walked to the car, "...and I do not get starstruck."