NINE

"Where's your focus, Jimin?"

Jimin was snapped back into reality by Hoseok's question, making him look up from his own hands. Ever since Taehyung had helped him with the money, he kept looking down onto his hands, sometimes holding one of them in the other. His mind would trail back to the feeling of two other hands around them. His hands. 

"Look, it's just so unlike you to not pay attention during dance practice, that's all..." Hoseok continued, approaching Jimin in the dance studio. It was just Jimin and his dance team present, since Namjoon had left and Taehyung wasn't needed during the practice time. Jimin knew he was still in the building, though, making it even harder for him to focus.

"Sorry, Hoseok. Can you show me again, please?"

As Hoseok went through the choreography once more, Jimin felt two hands on his shoulders, making him turn around.

"Oh, Jungkook. You scared me."

"Sorry," Jungkook apologized, beginning to massage Jimin's tense shoulders, "Is everything okay, Jimin?"

Jimin moved his gaze back to Hoseok, letting out a sigh.

"Yes, I'm just tired. Thank you, though."

"Alright, then..."

"Hey Jimin..." Jungkook called out once Jimin and himself were the only remaining people in the dance studio, "You know you can like...talk to me, if you want to..."

Jimin's strained expression softened by Jungkook's words, displaying a smile of appreciation towards his fellow dancer.

"Thank you for saying that."

"Well, I mean it," Jungkook responded, placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder, "We have a lot of events coming up so if something is bothering you, I'd love to help out..."

Just as Jimin was about to answer, Jungkook retracted his hand, bursting into a hesitant chuckle, "Oh my god, I'm so cheesy..."

With a warm smile adorning his lips, Jimin placed his arms around the younger's shoulders and pulled him into a light hug.

"It's not cheesy. It's nice. Same goes for you, by the way."

Jungkook relaxed in his embrace, letting out yet another muted chuckle.

"Thanks, Jiminie."

As the pair walked out of the dance studio, they were met by none other than the person owning Jimin's whole focus the entire day. Taehyung was standing outside the studio, his arms casually crossed over his chest. Jimin's smile faded as soon as he laid eyes on him. He wish it wouldn't have. He was still confused about why. 

Taehyung was just his lifeguard. Jimin didn't have to be embarrassed about anything.

Jungkook immediately took notice of Jimin's changed body language, leading to him inspecting Taehyung closely. He soon approached Jimin and once again let his hand collide with his shoulder. This time, somewhat more determined.

"You sure there's nothing bothering you?"

He spoke in a quiet voice, in an attempt to make the conversation as private as possible. Jimin gulped before moving his gaze from his lifeguard to his background dancer.

"Uhm, yeah... I'm gonna head home. So should you."

He cleared his throat, before registering the concerned look on Jungkook's face. He noticed the younger's glare being pointed straight at Taehyung.