FOUR

"Aren't you gonna eat anything?" Jimin asked while unwrapping his sandwich.

He and Taehyung had just taken a seat in the closed cafeteria of Jimin's dance studio. Namjoon had reasoned that Taehyung had to learn his way around, so he might as well accompany Jimin who needed to eat after practice.

The walk over had felt quite peculiar on Jimin's part, not knowing what to make of the situation. Taehyung however, was used to quietly guiding his clients from location A to location B. He simply did his thing, not minding Jimin's slightly uncomfortable state.

Whenever Jimin was about to eat in the cafeteria, they would close off the entire thing just for him.

Even if people unrelated to the agency were strictly prohibited from entering the building, there were still plenty of other people who could take photos of him, revealing his daily habits to the media.

It was indeed quite remarkable how much certain media companies would pay up for a blurry cellphone photo of Jimin eating a sandwich.

"I'll eat later."

"Okay then..." Jimin responded as he began to eat.

He was used to eating alone.

With his lifestyle, there was no such thing as having his meals when he felt for it. He was usually given food by his staff between scheduled activities. He often ate in front of others, usually being the only one eating.

The factor of change, making him even ask Taehyung about it, was the circumstances.

It wasn't often that he sat down in a cafeteria together with another person, having none of them answer emails or review schedules.

Maybe Namjoon, if they had planned to eat together.

Maybe other staff, if it included making plans for the upcoming month or informing Jimin about his forthcoming events.

However, sitting across from someone who was doing seemingly nothing at all, was a rare occurrence.

Someone who didn't want anything from him.

"Can I ask you something?" Jimin asked while taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Sure."

Taehyung rested his lower arms on the table, constantly scanning the room whenever he heard a sound.

"Don't take this the wrong way," Jimin said while reaching for his water bottle, "but would you explain to me why someone in their twenties would give up their whole life just to follow some idol around?"

Taehyung brought his hand to the back of his head, lightly scratching his neck.

"Well..." he began, "I didn't really give up anything. I chose this job, you know."

"I know. That's exactly what I don't understand."

Taehyung took a brief moment to contemplate his life choices, as an expectant Jimin took a sip of his water. The latter kept his gaze locked on Taehyung, monitoring his face closely.

"I guess because I know I'm good at it," Taehyung explained, "I mean, it's rewarding doing something you're good at. Plus, I know every day's gonna be different. There's no going to the same office, writing the same reports. I never know what's gonna happen."

Jimin's eyes were slightly widened, enjoying having a conversation about someone other than himself.

"I can see that," he answered, "But like, isn't it weird? Having to follow me around everywhere, even move in close to me, and everything..."