- Chapter 10 -

"Here we go Dans!" I practically screamed at the top of my lungs, Dans' family sitting beside me. We were at the final home game of a 10-game stretch, and we were tied 2-2 in the bottom of the 5th inning. I groaned as Dans ended up grounding out, ending the inning with no luck of any runs scored.

I was kinda angry since he had been going through a small slump this past month, since he had been doing so well since the start of the season. I wanted nothing more than for him to prove to everyone he was deserving of being drafted in the 1st round. Don't get me wrong, I knew what he was capable of, I just wanted everyone else to see what I saw in my best friend.

"Bailey, wanna come grab something to eat?" I turned toward Nancy, who was sitting beside me, Lindsay and her husband beside her.

"Sure," I smiled and walked behind her.

"So, you seem really invested in this game?" She questioned as we stepped into line at the stand. "Does this have anything to do with not being cleared yet?" I took a deep breath, turning my head to watch the small tv that was playing the game that was happening only a few yards away from us.

"What? No, I've always been invested in Dans' games." I lied, rubbing the back of my arm.

"Really, because when you were younger you hated going to his games, you said they were too boring." She smirked, knowing that that was something I would say.

"Alright, it's partly because of me not being cleared yet," I leaned back on one of the posts of the line cue. "I just try so hard, and do everything I can to stay healthy and yet here I am 3 months on the bench." I grew angry, the topic picking at a nerve.

"Bailey, your doctor said he wanted you to wait another week, let yourself heal a little longer. He didn't say that he never wanted you to return." She held her hand on my shoulder, the comforting gesture causing me to calm down a bit.

"I know," I paused so she could order the food for the group. "I guess everything that's happened has really gotten in my head." I smiled, knowing that the only good thing that has happened within the past few months has been the growing relationship I have with Ender, who happened to be down sitting the dugout dealing with his own injury.

"Mhmm, you and Ender are good for each other. You both understand what it's like in this world." She smiled as we grabbed our food and drinks, heading back to our seats.

+ + + +

"Hey!" I jumped up from where I was sitting in the family lounge, seeing Ender walk in wearing a pair of dark-washed jeans and red t-shirt.

"Hey, babe." He wrapped his free arm around my waist and pecked his lips to mine. "Enjoy the game?" I nodded, grabbing my bag and following him out of the room.

"Wish you could've been playing, though." He grabbed my hand in his and walked out to his car.

"I know, hopefully that'll be soon though, I feel like I'm getting better every day." I smiled, loving his enthusiasm.

"Good, because you're my favorite to watch." I climbed into the car, making sure to give him show, his gaze telling me that I had done my job.

"I'm sure I am." He smirked, closing the door and throwing his bag in the backseat. "You know, I have to get you one of my jerseys to wear." I laughed knowing that I had been wearing the jersey Dans' gave me after one of his first games.

"What's wrong with this one?" I leaned toward the center console, grabbing Ender's hand that wasn't on the wheel.

"There's nothing wrong with it, I just want you wearing my name on your back.' He smirked, kissing the back of my hand and bringing it back down to my lap.

"Oh, alright." I played with his fingers, picturing them someplace other than interlocked with mine. "Then, I would love your blue one."

"Sounds like a deal." I smiled, holding his hand in mine, leaning my head back into the headrest and shutting my eyes, relaxing after all the screaming I had done during the game.

+ + + +

"Here we go." I stirred awake, the feeling of arms sliding underneath my legs causing me to jolt awake. "Woah, calm down babe," I opened my eyes to see Ender lifting me out of his truck. "I was just trying to make things a little easier for you." He smiled and proceeded to lift me up and carry me to the door, unlocking the front door with the key in his right hand.

"You didn't have to carry me." He set me down on the couch, throwing himself beside me.

"Yea, but I wanted to." He smirked and laid his head back on the couch.

"Mhmm, well what can I ever do to repay you?" I questioned as I climbed into his lap, running my hands over the scruff of beard on his chin. I laid kisses on his lips, both of us breaking out in smiles enjoying the moment.

"I've got a few ideas." He muttered as I continued to trail my hands down his torso, every muscle in his chest feeling hard against my callused palms.

"Well, what're we waiting for?" He hoisted me up, my legs wrapping themselves around his hips as he walked us into his bedroom, my back meeting the fluffy white comforter that he had on his bed. I smiled as he threw his shirt off onto the floor, his body now on full display as I scanned over each individual muscle. He smirked and hovered over me, leaving lingering kisses over my covered body.

"You enjoying the view?" He questioned as he made his way up to my lips.

"Very much." I smirked as he lowered himself down my body, pulling at my jeans as he did so, I suppressed a moan that wanted to come out just as the doorbell went off through the house. "You expecting someone?" I leaned up on my elbows, Ender standing and throwing his shirt back on over his shoulders. I watched as he walked out the room, his footsteps still being heard as he walked down the stairs.

"Bailey!" I heard Ender yell as I jumped up from the bed, fixing my jeans so that they hugged my hips.

"What's u--" I stopped halfway down the stairs as I looked into my brothers eyes and jumped the rest of the way down, ending up in his arms. "What're you doing here, Bry?" I pulled back from him and looked at him, Ender still standing by the open door.

"What? I can't come visit my baby sister?" He smirked as Ender now invited him inside, all of us sitting in the living room, Ender and I on one couch and Bryan across from us on the other.

"Yea, but you could've called first, mom didn't even let me know." I looked at his face, which seemed to drop. "Mom does know you're here, right Bry." I leaned forward, my legs tucked underneath me.

"Uhh, not exactly." He rubbed the back of his neck, something he did when we were younger when he was hiding something.

"Bry, why are you here?"

+ + + +
Hey guys!!! Sorry this is late, I've been crazy busy with school and had 3 quizzes to study for this week.
I'm so happy that Spring training as started and can't believe we're a month away from Opening Day!!!