- Chapter 8 -

Ender's P.O.V.

I had no clue that this night would end up being so much fun. I thought Bailey would've been mad at me for choosing to workout rather than having a normal date night, but she was having the time of her life based on the smile she was sporting and the sweat she was building up as we went through the 2 hour workout.

I watched as she continued with the weighted lunges she was working on, the weighted vest adding only 10 pounds to her normal body weight. She seemed to struggle a bit on the first few step but, by the time she started her way back, she was walking like that vest had no effect on her. I smiled as it seemed like this entire workout was just one big game for her, since her smile seemed to never fade from the moment we stepped into the gym, and I knew that we would be coming back here quite a few more times. I watched as she lifted the vest from her body, with the help of Matt, as I finished up the set of squats I had been doing.

"You ready to go?" We had finished up the cool down stretching and small amount of cardio we did, both of us ready to get home and collapse on the couch.

"I'm wiped out, but this was great." She smiled as I pulled her into my chest, my heart still thumping in my chest from the workout, and I knew she could feel it by the way her hand landed in the center of my chest.

"Good, I'm glad you had fun." She looked up at me, her eyes gleaming as her smile grew wide. "Now, how about we grab something to eat and head back to my place." I pressed my lips to hers, not minding that we were both still dripping in sweat, before pulling apart and gathering our things.

"That sounds amazing," She grabbed her purse and reached out to link her hand with mine. "I'm craving a good burger." She smiled as I held the door to my car open for her.

"Of course you are," I shut her door and walked over to the drivers side, sliding into the seat and starting up the car. "How about we head down to the Battery?" I plugged in my phone to the charger and pulled the seatbelt across my chest. "Unless you wanna pick something up and head home." I turned to her before putting the car in drive.

"The Battery sounds fun, as long as we go to Wahlburgers." I smiled and finally put the car in drive, starting the short 10 minute drive to the Battery.

+ + + +

"Mr. Ender," I turned around, Bailey spinning with me to notice a young boy, no older than 8 standing behind us. "Can you sign this for me?" He smiled up at me, his 2 front teeth having fallen out.

"Of course, how about I do you one better and give you a picture." I crouched down beside him as his parents walked up to us.

"Mommy, Mr. Ender said he'll take a picture with me!" He cheered as his mom pulled her phone out from her pocket, Bailey catching my eye as she stood to the side, her smile stretching from ear to ear. "Thank you so much, Ender!" The boy cheered as he walked off with his family, my attention turning from him to Bailey who had been waiting quietly to the side.

"That was sweet." She turned her head back, watching the little boy walk away with his family. "You probably just made that little boys year." She smiled and linked her arm with mine, her skin cold against mine, since we had just come out of the restaurant.

"Well, anything I can do for the kids, they remind me of myself when I was playing with my dad back in Venezuela." I watched as she listened intently to every word I had to say. "Everyday after work he would take me and my brother out in the front yard and throw a ball with us, no matter how tough of a day he had, or how tired he was, he made the time to spend with us." I recalled the many moments I spent with my dad, the years throwing in the yard and watching him play the sport himself.

"I'm sure he would be proud to see you spending so much time for the kids," Bailey smiled and stopped us in the middle of the walkway. "He would most definitely be proud of the man I see in front of me." I smiled and hooked my arms around her neck, pulling her closer to me.

"I hope so," I smiled, looking from B up to where I knew my dad was watching, the feeling of warmth spreading through me as I held her close to me. "Although I do know he would love to see me with someone like you." I glanced back down at her, our lips inches apart from one another.

"Oh really?" She smirked, her eyebrows raising slightly.

"Really." I moved my head closer to hers, our lips touching and meshing together. Bailey may have been my best friend for years, but we spent too much time without each other. I spent too much time not making her mine sooner.

+ + + +

"Babe, I'm exhausted." Bailey plopped herself down on the bed in the middle of my bedroom. "But, this was the best night ever." She smiled, her chin resting in the crook of her elbows that were bent in front of her.

"Good, I'm glad you had fun tonight, that was my plan." I threw myself down beside her, throwing my arms across her back and pulling her closer.

"We should do this again," She smiled as I held her against my chest. "This felt really good for my leg."

"Well, that was the whole point of this date." She pulled away and leaned up on her elbows. "I knew how upset you were about being sidelined again and I wanted to help out the best I could." I kissed her nose and pulled her into my chest, reaching for the remote and turning on the TV.

"This was great, Ender." She smiled and started to climb out of the bed, walking over to my dresser and pulling out one of my shirts.

"Who said you could wear my shirt?" I crossed my arms and watched as she began changing in front of me, the shirt she grabbed coming to just above her knees.

"What're you gonna do to me?" She folded her clothes together and placed them on top of the dresser, walking back over to the bed and slipping in beside me.

"Mhmm, let me think." She slipped underneath the covers as I turned myself over and began to trail my fingers over her bare skin, small coos leaving her lips that eventually led to heavy laughter as I continued to tickle her skin.

"Ender, I swear if you don't stop..." She gasped for air as I stopped moving, her breathing settling down.

"If I don't stop what?" I glared down at her, my arms bearing my weight as I hovered over her.

"If you don't stop I'll make you sleep on the couch." She crossed her arms as I let myself drop down to the bed, my weight now fully on top of her.

"You can't make me sleep on the couch in my own house, you're the one who's going to be on the couch." I smiled and lifted myself off her, sliding to her left and pulling her close.

"Fine, then I'll go sleep on the couch," She started to get out of the bed, but I quickly pulled her back to me.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere little girl." I kissed the side of her head as we fell into silence, each of us enjoying the calmness and settling down after the intensity of tonight.

+ + + + +
Hey! Sorry I keep missing updates, I'm still caught up in the fact that I actually got to meet Ender this weekend!!!

Hope y'all are enjoying this story bc it's actually one of my faves.