24. Christmas Eve

Tonight maybe the most eagerly awaited night by most people throughout Korea;  Christmas Eve. Since early December, busy streets like Myeongdong, Gangnam-gu and Dongdaemun have become busier because they are decorated with lights that resemble galaxies. Christmas trees were also seen everywhere in various sizes and beautiful decorations.

Not only that, various annual festivals are also held, such as the Sinchon Christmas festival which runs from Sinchon Station to Yonsei University, the light festival that starts from Myeongdong Cathedral, a special fantasy Christmas market centered at Lotte Department Store, or a culinary festival held  along the Han River road.

There are also many café's that sell Christmas food and drink special editions that are made as attractive as possible.  Usually people will go out at night when the typical Christmas lights are turned on, just for a walk, dinner and take pictures with family or partner. Although the temperature usually reaches minus degrees celsius, but because this is an annual moment so still do not want to miss.

Likewise with Gong Seungyeon, the long-haired girl missed the times when she was in college, when she could still freely walk in Myeongdong with friends without worrying that someone would recognize.  Now she can't go anywhere freely anymore.

But that's okay, because this Christmas, she has a lover who is happy to spend time with her. Lee Jonghyun promised to cook whatever Seungyeon wanted, to buy a special Christmas edition cake with Santa Claus character which is actually a shame to eat because the cake too cute, then drink soju and beer.

"What do you usually do on Christmas Eve?" Jonghyun asked a few days ago, the first sentence that came out of Jonghyun's mouth on the way home from the café with a messy mood because he met a man named Choi Daehyun.

"Going home to parents and having an ordinary dinner or going out for a walk with friends."

Jonghyun smiled and kissed Seungyeon's hand which he always held, "Spend Christmas this time with me."

"How about you? What do you usually do on Christmas Eve?"

"Just gather at the apartment with the other members. Eat and drink whatever we want while talking about things that really don't matter." Jonghyun shrugged nonchalantly, as if the man's mood hadn't improved completely.

Seungyeon looked at him, "Then let's invite the other Oppas to celebrate Christmas together." She said enthusiastically. "Invite Shinhye eonni too!"

"Shinhye must be together with Taejoon."

"Then just the four of you."

This time Jonghyun glanced briefly, "Are you sure you want to invite them? Don't want to be alone with me?"

"Hm. More crowded will be more fun."

"All right, I'll ask them later."

So here they are now, in Jonghyun's apartment, waiting for Yonghwa, Minhyuk and Jungshin who haven't arrived at six in the afternoon. Seungyeon has been enthusiastic about the Christmas tree that they bought suddenly when shopping for ingredients at the supermarket. The childish side appeared to see a Christmas tree that was only fifty centimeters tall and had not been decorated. So with enthusiasm she chose various kinds of trinkets to decorate it.

"This is my first time having a Christmas tree here."

Jonghyun who can only surrender to see the living room of his apartment will soon be decorated with colorful lights. Buttress his chin while watching the girl in front of him.

"You should have a Christmas tree every year."

"Why should?"

"It's like the tradition. And isn't it fun to decorate a Christmas tree? Ah, I shouldn't have done this suddenly, I should have decorated the tree from a few days ago if I hadn't been sick."