28. In The Strange Place

When Seungyeon opened her eyes, the first thing she heard was the tick tock sound which she believed came from the sound of a moving clockwork. And the first thing she saw was a pair of legs that belonged to a man who at first she didn't know who. Initially, because as the tick tock sound went on, her eyes went up, followed the foot and came to a face that seemed familiar to her.

Seungyeon narrowed her eyes. Trying to clarify her eyesight which is still blurry.

"You-"

"Ah. You came to your senses sooner than I thought." His voice echoed in this strange place. Making Seungyeon even more curious where she really is.

Seungyeon forced her neck, which felt very stiff, and turned around. There is a billiard table. Surrounded by shelves full of various kinds of liquor. The room is not too large, but is higher than normal rooms, all painted in maroon colors and only decorated with a few small yellow lights. Gives a perfect dim impression. The girl, Gong Seungyeon, sat cross-legged in the middle of the room, with an unusually dizzy head, and wrists and ankles that were apparently tied.

Tied?

Wait.

What happened?

Why did she get here?

Seungyeon replayed her memory a while ago. Which made her even more dizzy than before.

She was looking at the Han river from a height, through a large window in a restaurant while drinking Riesling. Waiting for Lee Jonghyun. For dinner. On the eve of the New Year. Then the waiter changes the drink to Dolcetto.

Only that. And now she is already here. With Choi Daehyun sitting on a deep black sofa in front of her.

Jeez. Seungyeon really needs an explanation. And, she also really needs these straps to be released!

"Are you surprised, honey?" Daehyun asked as if he could read Seungyeon's thoughts. The man played the wine glass in his grasp using his long fingers.

"Or, are you curious? What are you curious about? Just ask." He asked again. Friendly. Friendly who somehow feels scary for Seungyeon.

Seungyeon sighed, "Why am I here?"

Then Daehyun laughed loudly. His laughter echoed throughout this room. "Stupid question, Seungyeon. Isn't that obvious? You're here because I brought you here. Am I wrong?"

He's right. But, the purpose of Seungyeon's question goes beyond that. "Why did you bring me here and why was I tied up?"

"Too much question. I don't like it." He said while shaking his head.

Looks like the man is not playing games.

"I'm sure you already know who I am. And know what's between me and Lee Jonghyun." He said again, starting to talk more. "Yes. Me and your damn lover." Now he looks at Seungyeon with his sharp eyes and he also pulls a corner of his lips slightly. Looks very arrogant.

Something is wrong with Choi Daehyun.

Really. Something is wrong with that man. For God's sake! Seungyeon's body began to break out in cold sweat.

"I wonder why he can always get an innocent girl like you? Plain, from a good family, sweet and obedient." His words stopped because now he began to walk slowly toward Seungyeon, who automatically distances his body. "And I also wondered, what would that stupid man do if, once again, I snatched his lover. I snatched you from him."

Seungyeon sighed again, tried to calm herself, and tried to focus her head which was still dizzy to think of how she could get out of this place.

But, not yet thought of one way, Daehyun had crouched before her. "What if you just belong to me?" He asked right in front of Seungyeon's face. "And if you say no, I will still force you."

Daehyun laughs cynically now. It sounds even scarier because Seungyeon looks at his facial expressions and eyes from very close range. Until the thick scent of alcohol can be smelled from his breath. Then, the man pulled out something from his coat pocket. Something shiny in the dim light.

A small folding knife.

"I admit that you are very pretty with this face. But, I wonder if Jonghyun will still like you if your face is not pretty anymore." He laughed again, while pointing the knife towards Seungyeon's face.

Jeez. This is terrible. Seungyeon turned her face back. Dodge.

"Why? Are you afraid that Jonghyun will leave you if you are not pretty? Take it easy, sweet girl, there is me." He said accompanied by that scary noise.

Seungyeon shouted silently. She was sure the man was not playing with his words. And again, why is this place so quiet? Isn't someone there who can help her? Whoever is that?

She bit her lip holding back her screams when the knife touched the skin of her cheek. Cold. Then suddenly, faintly, there was a noise from outside. Followed by the loud noise of the door that immediately opened. Daehyun surprised and turned his face there, find out who had dared to disturb his pleasure.

"Asshole!"

Seungyeon watched the scene in front of her with incredible surprise. Everything happened so fast. When someone from outside walked quickly towards her and immediately punched Daehyun's face so hard. Make the man fall backwards, and throw the knife that was in his hand.

"Damn it! Don't interfere!" Daehyun shouted, tried to stand up and hit back the tall man who stood in front of him full of anger.

Lee Jungshin fended off the fist that almost hit his face with his left hand, while his right hand -once again- punched Daehyun's face hard. When the man fell, Jungshin took the opportunity to kick him several times until he screamed in pain and could not make himself rise again to fight.

"Are you okay?" Jungshin asked as soon as he approached Seungyeon.

The girl is lost for words. I wonder what she had to say right now, everything happened so fast that she felt overwhelmed to digest it one by one.

"Calm down." Jungshin said, he tried to untie Seungyeon's wrists and ankles.

Not succeeding all the cords were released, Seungyeon shouted, "Watch out!"

Daehyun hit the back of Jungshin -who didn't have time to dodge it- very hard. He pulled the man to face him, and Daehyun punched his face, making blood slowly flow from the corner of Jungshin's lips.

Seungyeon screamed stifled seeing Jungshin being beaten mercilessly, she felt frustrated because she could not do anything in a situation like this. And she also felt guilty, Jungshin must be hurt because of her.

But, if anyone thinks Jungshin is weak, then that's not true. The maknae, who looked cute a few years ago because of his long hair, has now turned into a short-haired maknae, with a tall, well-built body like a strong adult male.

"Damn! Son of-" Jungshin hit Daehyun's head before he managed to finish his sentence.

He responded harder to Daehyun's attack. Over and over again, until he could no longer shout to curse or just moaning in pain from the wounds on his body.

When Choi Daehyun was completely lying on the floor, Jungshin hurried over to Seungyeon again, grabbed the girl into a hug and then took her out of there.

***

Ps. After thousands of full moon, finally I decided Kim Soohyun as the role player of Choi Daehyun.