-15-

Lucy's P.O.V

       I had no idea what time of day it was, the room I was kept in had no way to tell. I had to admit, it wasn't a dirty stone cell, but it was uncomfortable. I had to escape.
I could formulate a plan to leave, slip out this Guild's lair and hope they don't catch me—but what would be the point?

Aizen had my keys. My friends. If I were to leave I'd have to bring them along, and they were kept with the Guild master at times. Therefore unnoticed escape should be impossible.

I sighed and slumped my back to the cold wall. I have to live with my consequences. I told myself sternly. I should've seeked helped the second I heard about Yukino. I put Luke in danger. Because of me he's all alone. I just hope he found Fairytail in time.

I pointlessly twist the rope tied to my wrists, they were magic blocking, naturally, so I was powerless. They knew what they were doing. It Aizen and the rest of Serpents wing completes their master plan and this creep does end up ruling the Celestial realm...all celestial wizards would be in trouble. My son included.

I bury my head in my knees which were up to my chest. How did I get myself into this?

No one's P.O.V

"We should rest here." The ice make wizard suggests. Team save Lucy had been trekking around Fiore for almost a day now, and the sun was slowly setting.

Luke looked around at his settings. He's never been outside the bustling city of Crocus, so being at a small relaxing town was nice. At the moment the group were on a hill overlooking a town of at least one hundred people.

"Alright, lets start up a fire!" Natsu exclaims, his fist igniting in a lick of flames, rolling his sleeve up.

"Aye sir!" His exceed companion agreed, holding a log in his tiny palms.

Erza nods at the idea. "Camping is a fun bonding idea. We'll be well rested for tomorrow," The scarlet haired mage turns to the blond boy. "Have you ever been camping before, Luke?"

The boy shakes his head sadly. "I've never left Crocus."

"She was really trying to hide from us, wasn't she..." Gray muttered, enough for the lion spirit to hear.

"Enough of that, Lucy had her reasons," Loke crossed his arms. "But I digress, we should focus on having fun camping."
The topic was easily dropped.

Luke took a seat on one of the logs set up by the fire. Juvia had brought out some marshmallows and Gray had gathered some sticks. He leaned into the campfire, as unhealthy as it was, he breathed in the smoke and took in the warm of the flame.

This is probably the closest I'll ever be to dad. Luke looked glumly at Natsu who at the moment was trying to cook ten marshmallows on one stick, and failing miserably.

Erza hands him a s'more, a kind smile on her face. "Ever has one before?" He shakes his head. The s'more tasted amazing.
The team light heartedly laughed witnessing the boy eat try it for the first time. For some reason, with a seven year old among them, the atmosphere wasn't so stiff or depressing.

That night, around the campfire, team save Lucy bonded with one another, especially Luke. He had learned so much about them. How beautiful Gray's sculpting power was, Juvia's old obsessive stalking tendencies, Happy's love for raw fish, and they learned about Luke was well. How the blond had mainly taken after his mother, book smarts and all, he was a celestial mage, etc. Luke and Loke had closed any discussion about the boys father, he wasn't ready to break the news.

People started heading to their tents, turning into the night. Luke had his own small makeshift tent. He sat outside it, staring at the bright sky. In Crocus you'd never see stars so bright. Luke found it hard to keep his parentage from Natsu—most times he almost slipped up.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I had a dad right about know...

The young mage gets up from his spot on the grass and wanders off the campsite, hoping for some refreshing air and time to think. Most of all Luke wanted to explore a bit.
During his little walk around some trees, a few bushes and a little pass a stream all he thought about was his mother.

Mom. He thought himself sadly. I miss you.

He kicked some pebbles that were in his math, looking straight down at the forest floor. Feeling guilty was an understatement, Luke would always wonder if there would've been a way to save his mom before she was taken away.

Maybe if I hadn't been such a coward. The blond thought to himself bitterly.

The seven year old took another step and something suddenly covered his mouth, it was a hand. He tried to scream but it was futile, so was kicking, the stranger had gotten his grip on him.

This is it. I'm gonna die.

Luke turns his head to see a familiar mark staring back at him. It was Serpent's wing. They were here for him.

I never should've left the others!

Before Luke could attempt another escape, a blur of blue swooped down, picking the small boy up by the hem of his shirt and releasing him from the captors hold.
Luke observed from above as a salmon haired wizard beat the crap out of the Serpents Wing dude.

Happy lowered him the ground once Erza tied the man to a tree. Luke was beyond relived the team had been able to save him in time. Tears brimmed his eyes of shock and happiness.

"Why is mage from Serpents wing here?" Juvia questions alarmed, observing the beat up guy struggling against the rope.

"And why are they after Luke?" Erza pondered, an armoured hand on her hip.

Luke had a small feeling it was due to the contents of his bag, which he hadn't had on him at the time.

"Well then," Natsu caught his fist in his hand in a threatening motion. "Let's ask him."

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter his short compared to test, but I've decided quality over quantity! Felt like it was right to end it there. And I wanted to get something out for you to enjoy, I know I'm not the best at updates but this isn't going on hold.
(PS, school for me is cancelled for 3 weeks due to COVID-19 so I may have more time to write)