-10-

"Thanks again for letting me see you two!!" Amber gleed, she was clearly excited. She sipped on her straight black coffee as if the bitter sensation wasn't there.

They've been at the coffee shop for a long while now, it was almost five.

Hosuh smiled back and straightened his posture on the polished wooden chair. "It's no problem Amber, your company is nice."

But Stephen on the other hand, he begged to differ. "Guess that makes one of us.." he mumbled.

Hosuh nudged the purple boy with his elbow and gave him a soft glare.

"What?" Stephen inquired- although he already knew what had displeased the angel.

"You told me you'd make an effort to get along..." His eyes pleaded in a manner that would make your heart ache.

The sadist just rolled his eyes and held his head on his fist. He brought his attention to A, who was now on her phone.

A part of Stephen missed Amber so much, so much to the point of actually wanting her around from time to time- which was a pretty big thing to want if it were to come from Stephen.

Hosuh leaned closer to the other boy. "You should ask her a question."

"Like what?"

"Anything you want." The grey haired boy grinned reassuringly.

Reluctantly taking his advice, he spoke. "...What've you been up to lately..?" He gulped a large mass of his caffeine beverage- which had three pouches of sugar in it- to avoid saying anything he may regret.

"Oh? Hmmm, mostly shopping." She giggled. "But sometimes I like to go on walks around the local park, especially in the morning." She did seem very fit.

Stephen lacked a response, so Hosuh was forced to give one instead.

"T-that's good. But.. in this weather? It's getting increasingly bad..." He pulled on his scarf, afraid he had offended her in any way.

"Nah, it's not that bad, I just bundle up with the new clothes I bought!"

"Wow, how brave of you. Good job." The sadist just couldn't help it.

Hosuh was terrified, but A had expected the response.

"S-Stephen..!-" The boy whispered and shouted at the same time.

"Ahaha, it's alright Hos. You date this guy for longer than you can handle and you end up learning all his dialogue." She turned to Stephen and smirked.

The lilac haired boy clenched his jaw and his fists.

Then, the artist chuckled at the joke and lended him a warm rub on the back to comfort him. Stephen took a deep breath in and began to realise how tense he was.

Control yourself. She's just trying to get to you.

"Uhm- I'll be back, I just need to use the restroom." Hosuh informed the ex-couple. He felt guilty for leaving Stephen by himself, but he heard somewhere that exposure therapy was the most effective type.

"Alright then, hurry back soon!!" A smiled, and the grey boy reciprocated the action.

Without saying another word, he up and left to the bathroom and checked if any of the stalls were closed.

None of them were closed, which meant no one else was there.

"..."

Hosuh placed his hands on the rim of the modern-looking sink and sighed. He looked straight into the mirror in front of him and examined his own face. It didn't look too good- it could be better, it could be worse. The artist had dull circles around the lining of his bottom eyelid, and it looked like he was struggling to keep his eyes open. He knew he should get more sleep.