01. Green notebooks and lyrics

Mondays are horrible. They're filled with traffic, noise and pretty much everything annoying. That is why my daily dose of coffee is here with me. With my stupid best friend Jordan bugging me to forgive him for stealing my secret stash of candy. That was simply an unforgivable crime.

"Come on, Liv. I'll... I'll buy you more candy," he begged.

I ignored him and kept walking into the school.

"Fine, I'll get you the stupid video game," he succumbed.

"Stupid?"

"Fine. The totally awesome video game."

Eek! I'd been dying to get this new video game. And this was an easy way to save cash. I squealed and hugged Jordan.

"Thank you! I love you soooo much!" He laughed and pried me off him.

Jordan have been best friends since kindergarten. I made fun of him when he fell off the swing and he kept saying stuff like 'You can't do better'. Long story short, I couldn't do better and we laughed at each other. We've been best friends ever since. My mom loves him, even more than me I suspect.

Jordan swung his arm on my shoulder and we walked through the hallway to our lockers. Our lockers were conveniently beside each other. We stuffed our stuff in them and headed to class.

Haha I'm so funny.

"See you at history, Liv," Jordan said while ruffling my hair.

"Bye, bye, JoJo," I said with a laugh.

"You're this close to losing the free video game."

"Fine. Bye, Jordie."

"Liv!"

"Laters, blondie," I say while heading to my class.

First period, English. Kay.

I went to my class and took a seat at the far back. Our teacher wasnt even in the class yet. Most of the class had settled in.

I put my head on my locker and sighed. I scrolled through random memes on instagram as we waited for our teacher.

Suddenly something collided with my table. My books flew off the table and I jerked up and stared at the perpetrator.

Jace Whittaker.

Apparently, he tripped on his laces but he coolly used my table as support.

He helped me pick up my stuff and mumbled a sort of an apology.

"It's okay," I mumbled back and sat back down. He took the seat beside me and closed his eyes.

Jace Whittaker was a loner, but a popular loner because of his looks. He never talked to anyone, had zero friends, always wore a hoodie and was always walking around with his earphones plugged in.

He looked so peaceful with his eyes closed and he tucked his dark curly neck length hair behind his ear.

Our teacher decided to finally grace us with her presence into the class with messy hair and a few undone buttons. Someone had a fun time.

"Okay class. Let's begin. Since I came in a bit late, here are some worksheets for you to work on. Do them together or whatever, I dont care."

Honestly Miss Finch is my favorite teacher. I mean she always shows up late and gives us worksheets most of the time and we're free to do whatever.

"Hey Olivia," a voice says from beside me. I cringed nearly at the use of my full name.

Beside me is Wyatt. A tall, skinny boy with fiery red hair and a cockney accent. He's what some would call a nerd, but he's horrible at English so not a full nerd. He really great at science though. We're friends, I presume, but just in this class and the occasional wave. He's really sweet.