Hurt You

7:34 pm- Kenny Edmonds Studio

"Toni and I work on this song a little at her home in L.A, but it not quite finish. I keep getting writer block on her verse", This was the first day of recording the icon album, "Love, Marriage, and Divorce". "Chill Kenny, I think we should wait until Toni gets here, just take 10", Daryl was Kenny right-hand man when it comes to writing music. He witnesses these two in the studio and o boy! he already knows the chemistry.

Kenny head was about to explode because he could put together the right word for Toni's verse. "You having a hard time because you trying to speak from a women perspective and you can't, especially Toni Braxton", Daryl lightly yelled. Toni walk-in into the noise, Daryl and Kenny stood immediately as if this was new to them. "Hey guys", Toni said. They all greeted but stood silent, trying to understand what's to do next. They all just sat there. Daryl felt the awkwardness and broke it completely. "kenny got writer's block for trying to write your verse", toni look at Kenny and he knows she hates that.

"Kenny, I don't know why you keep trying to do what I do", Toni said jokingly. Daryl sat back watching as both of them sarcastically argue. Toni makes Kenny blush no matter how hard he tries to keep it professional. Daryl let them have a convo for a while to lighten the thick air in the room. "Alight, Ken, let's see what you have so far", Daryl said interrupted them two.

Kenny sat by the piano and starts to play. "We already know the chorus, so I just wrote my verse down and this is what I have". The feeling in the room felt like time took a break. Toni and Daryl's eyes were completely on Kenny. As his whole mood changed. When he's in his mood, he in his mood.

"Here we go
Damn, here we go again
Loving you cause me so much pain
But you don't see, you never see it"

Kenny eyes closed as Toni and Daryl listen to the emotion that pours about. "now, I was thinking for toni verse, it should be-

Toni completely cut off his idea off with her verse.

"So why
Apologies
I was just doing what I had to do baby
An eye for an eye"

Kenny And Toni just stare at one another. It was a perfect verse but Kenny couldn't vow that. He knew the verse was about him and she knew the same. Daryl stood in complete shock as they both join together for the chorus of the song.

Verse 1

"God knows I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to break your heart,
You heart babe
God knows I never meant
to turn you on,
To turn you out"

"Toni, did you write that or? Daryl asked in curiosity. "That just came out, I don't know what that was, it is ok", Toni replies little hesitant.
"That was actually perfect, Toni", Daryl glanced at Kenny, to hint that it was real.

Real emotional, a real commitment to the album and real, rare feeling she had for Kenny. Daryl replays her verse over and over again in his head. Trying to put the pieces together. Toni went to the bathroom to freshen up after about 2 hours into the studio session.

"Why would she apologize is she didn't care, Kenny?", Daryl pokes a little at Kenny. Kenny swung his chair around off the keyboard and gave Daryl that look. "shut up man", they both crack a laugh. "I think her verse goes harder, Ken", Daryl knew the exact word to get Kenny pipe up into music. "never", Kenny replied. Toni walks back in and is ready for verse 2.
"Can y'all both give me a quick summary of what this song is about", Daryl was basically the counselor in this session and was getting down to the rare emotion that needs to be displayed in the song.