Chapter 1: Changing Eddie Gluskin

I swallowed hard. No turning back now Waylon, I thought as I started typing. My hands were sweaty, and I was shaking nervously. If I was caught, God knows what would happen to me. Suddenly the sound of a door slamming made me jump out of my seat. I gasped and looked behind me. Nothing. Your too paranoid. Just type the dang letter and get out of here.

I looked down at my foot, which was thuddering against the floor nonstop. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them back up and went back to typing. It seemed like hours, but I finally had the letter done.

You don't know me. Have to make this quick. They might be monitoring.
I did 2 weeks of software consult at MURKOFF Psychiatric Systems' facilities in Mount Massive. All sorts of NDA's I am very much breaking right now but seriously, screw those guys.

Terrible things happening there. Don't understand it. Don't believe half the things I saw. Doctors talking about dream therapy going to deep, finding something that had waiting for them in the mountain. People are being hurt and MURKOFF is making money.
It needs to be exposed.

I felt my finger stop at the enter button on my laptop. But the anger of MURKOFF hurting the patients fueled through me enough to send the email.

I heard a door creak open. "Who's in here?" A voice demanded. I gulped and hit the enter key about a million times and closed my laptop, scooting it farther down the metal table. I stood up. I was in the supply closet, all the way in the back. I passed by supply carts, boxes, and shelves when I saw a man with a white button-up shirt and black khakis in the doorway.

"Park? They've paged for you three times already, there's something urgent at the engine." He reported and stepped aside. "What are you doing here anyway? I though you were just a software guy?" I heard him say. I started walking down the hallway to the engine. The roof was so white it had to be whiter than snow, and the floor was so polished I could see my reflection.

"Waylon Park, employee one four six six, report to Morphogenic Engine Monitoring immediately." The intercom blasted. I walked past two doctors talking about a patient as I walked into the reception room. The automatic doors opened with a whoosh! sound as I walked in. Block C was painted on to the wall above the reception desk. A guard was sitting down with a computer in front of him. He sat up and faced me as soon as I came to the desk. "You're Waylon Park, aren't you? Why weren't you answering the page? I'll tell them your incoming." I nodded and walked into another hallway.

There were two doctors talking about something unrelated to work. "Going back to Leadville to pick up Jane then we're heading out to the lake."

"That sounds all right."