4 - Twist of Fate

Jungkook’s POV

This is certainly a twist of fate and I couldn't be happier.

I walked back to Seokjin’s diner to get my car. I did not bother going inside the diner to talk to him because I knew he would only pester me into talking about what happened with Chaeyoung. I’m definitely telling him and the rest of the guys but not at the moment. Besides, I’m sure the others already knew that I went to look for Chaeyoung. That should be enough news for now. And I’m eager to head home first.

I just got inside my apartment when all the lights suddenly turned off.

What the . . .

I pressed the light switch on and off just to be certain. When nothing happened and the lights remained off, I realized what’s going on.

When are they going to fix this? A power outage is not that bad. But when it happens at least twice a month for over an hour, I believe it’s getting out of hand. This is such an inconvenience. Ugh!

I went back out of my apartment before I remembered something. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed a number.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Why isn’t she answering?

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Did something happen to her? Oh please, pick up.

“Thank God you called. I was flustered, not expecting you to call at this time. But I’m still grateful. And . . . hey! Jeon! Why aren’t you talking?” Chaeyoung chattered on the other end of the line.

If she was singing, I’d think that she was rapping and that she’d be good at it. But I knew better, she was scared.  The dark had always been one of her greatest fears. I could already imagine the look on her face that was etched with fear and anxiety.

“Where are you right now?” I asked, my voice was thick with concern.

“You saw me got inside my apartment building earlier Jeon. So if it wasn’t obvious enough, I’m in my apartment.” She sassily replied.

She’d most likely be rolling her eyes at me if we were in front of each other.

“I mean, what’s your apartment number?”

“Why? Did you call just to ask me that? Gosh! I’m flabbergasted. You could have . . .”

“Park, it’s not as if you’re not going to tell me. So tell me already, what is it? Stop wasting our time.”

“Pfft! It’s 143. Why?”

I snapped my head to the right and stared at the locked door.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Huh? Why would you say that? I swear I told . . .”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Oh my God!” Chaeyoung shrieked. “Jeon, I’m not sure what’s happening right now but I’m already scared out of my wits. Please don’t end the call. I know I’m babbling too much. And I could be irritating you.”

I silently chuckled at her words. She still believed that I get annoyed when she’s talking too much when in fact it’s one of the things I liked about her.

“I’m telling you, Seokmin is an angel. Did you see the way he smiles? Hmmm. He’s always so cheerful. It’s one of the things that I like about him. We should go see . . .”