Aim For The Sky and You'll Reach The Ceiling

Hi, Guys! What are your hobbies? I have many hobbies, such as drawing, writing, and reading. I hope singing will be one of my hobbies too, but I think I should pass it this time. LMAO.

I like reading because I gain more knowledge while reading articles, essays, or books. Back then, I used to read novels and such romantic stories. You know, when puberty struck in my school days, I liked imagining my own love stories with seniors. LOL. But, hey I know you did it as well. When I was in junior high school, my favorite were novels by Ilana Tan (yes, her seasons' tetralogy are great), romantic comedy novels by Mia Arsjad, and other teen lit novels published by Gramedia Publisher.

It's not that I had much money to get those novels. I simply borrowed them all from my friends. LOL. I didn't have enough money to buy novels at that time. Looking back at it, I hope my friends didn't get angry with me because of that. You know like ... I have never lent them any single novel and yet, I kept borrowing their novels. But, now I have a bunch of books in my bedroom! Yay! Most of them are novels because I liked reading many novels until my fourth year at university. Now that I am in my fifth year, I am interested in reading motivation books, science, psychology, self-improvement, etc.

I have liked writing since I was in primary school. I write poems, novels, and short stories. Besides, I try to write essays and articles as well because I think it will help me a lot to improve my critical thinking. I need to train my critical thinking so I can write essays properly when I take an IELTS test and work on task 2. When do I want to take the IELTS test? I don't know. However, I think it'd be better if I prepare it from now on. When I tried to take an IELTS test online on an app named "British Councill EnglishScore" a few days ago, I was considered on the B2 (upper-intermediate) level.

Honestly, I hoped my level was higher than that, but I believe that the app showed my real current abilities. So there is a long way to go. I am aiming for the C2 level. Seems like I am too ambitious, doesn't it? Still, there is saying, "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor", right? Thus, I am aiming for the highest level! Of course, I will never reach it if I just stay back and do nothing. I must work and study hard to reach there.

In my humble opinion, the saying is absolutely true. It's not that we don't know or don't measure our limits accurately, then trying to force ourselves to aim for something we will never get. Otherwise, when we know our limits,  our weaknesses, and our strengths as well,  we can focus on improving our weaknesses to reach the peak. Even if we end up reaching lower than what we are always aiming for, it's still better than "staying on the floor" when we are aiming for something low.

By the way, this is my third writings here. I can't believe I can make it. I will keep practicing even if I can't write this diary every day. There are a lot of things to do in real life such as translating articles for my part-time job! I don't know whether this kind of practice can uplift me higher to the advanced English level. All I need to do is trying because we won't know where will be until we try to move forward.

I found a good quote from the internet:

"Someday, you will reach the peak. And from that immense height, you will look down and be amazed at how far you have reached"

Wow, it's kinda motivating me! Is it also motivating you, Guys?

It was hard to reach this level. There were days when I felt like I go nowhere and so tired of learning foreign languages. I wonder, why I am stuck at intermediate levels even if I studied hard. Then, I realized that I wasn't studying that hard. I must study harder to be advanced in both English and Japanese.

There were days when I felt like I wanted to give up, then I fell asleep with my tears were at the peak. I couldn't stop because I hold my hopes tightly in both my hands and heart. I keep in mind that I need all of these difficulties so I can move on to another level. This world was made for those who bounce back when life is hard even though giving up is way easier to do and for those who are striving to seek happiness every day.

Someday, I will open this account and smile when I read all of these words. I might be thinking about how lame my words are. Someday, I will burst into tears when I read all of these diaries in this story. I will be missing everyone I may mention here. Are they all alright? I will always pray for their health and happiness even though I haven't mentioned anyone yet in this diary. LOL. And, I will be missing the struggle I've made today in the boarding house.

I am all alone here when my friends are back in their hometown. I will tell you later the reasons why I am staying at the boarding house. I want to go home as hell! I want to meet my parents and my sisters. I miss them a lot. But, I will just let it be.

"With every difficulty, there is relief." (Al-Inshirah: 5)

For myself in the future, you should be grateful to me because I have gone through all of the difficulties to uplift you to where you are in the future!

Okay, I have already reached the minimum words to write a diary: 1000 words. So, I will end this here. For you all who read this, thank you! 

I wish you all the best, Guys! See you in my next diary!