Make it or Break it: Decide Now or Suffer Later

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned."    -Edward Bulwer Lytton-

Think back to a time when you could have changed your career or transfer to another place, but you allowed your fear to control you.

Did you regret your actions? Why or why not?

Would you make the same choice again?

Let us say you already have a goal, what now?

At this point I want you to consider your first time in changing your career.

How would you decide for it?

Decision-making is crucial, especially if it entails your family and your social life.

One day, I visited an old friend from my Alma Mater. She said in our conversation she was planning to apply in another agency because of the offer that is highly beneficial to her.  

She already asked permission from her boss and thought carefully about the things that she will be doing.

However, when she weighed everything, she was left undecided.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Of course she had her own family, one important thing that she would not give up in exchange for her work. However, she was growing old and was not yet a regular employee. It is understandable that many people wanted to be a regular employee of a government agency because of the fringe benefits.

When she had this opportunity to change career, she was helpless.

Why?

I don't know.

Perhaps some of you are in the same situation. Many are looking for a regular 8-5 job with huge benefits, but were unlikely to do so.

I say it’s because of lack of will.

You don't take any risk.

One author said that by taking the risk, you are likely 95% ahead of your dream or goals.

Sadly, only 5% of the people have the ability to take the risk.

Want to know how to handle risk taking and decision making process?

I invite you to read my other book “The Lost Guide to Success”.

If you have a hard time making a decision for yourself, let me tell you this:

“If you don’t take any risky decision in life, you are far from achieving your goals”

Life is all about decision-making, pardon me, it’s all about good decision-making. No matter what you do in life, your decisions, little decisions, impact your greatest success in life.

Do you want to be healthy, have a good relationship or get everything you want?

It all starts with good decision-making.

Let me finish this chapter by sharing some stories with you. I had this friend who had a hard time thinking whether she wants a job or a career. And finally, after 7 months, she sent me a message saying that she has overcome her greatest fear - the fear of losing a job

 She took the risk to look for her career and she is happy now with her new career.

Make a good decision in your life to avoid the greatest mistake that you don’t dare to experience like what I and my family experienced. You can read the whole story in The Lost Guide to Success.

 Do not anxiously expect what is not yet come; do not vainly regret what is already past. -Chinese-