Chapter 1

Cyrus POV

TJ has been hanging out with Kira a lot. Buffy says it doesn't mean anything. As much as I want to believe her, he hasn't spoken to me in so long. Maybe I was crazy to think that he ever liked me.

My family was going to Chicago for spring break. Maybe this vacation could give me a chance to get over TJ, explore my options.

"Are you packed?" My mom came into my room.
"Almost", I said, "Is Todd not coming?" I asked.
"No. He has work that he can't miss".
Todd is my moms boyfriend. He's alright. I don't really have anything against him. Besides, having 4 parents means extra presents on Christmas.
My mom left the room and I went back to my phone call with Buffy.

"I still think he likes you", said Buffy.
"Stop giving me hope!" I said, "he clearly likes Kira. The sooner I can get over him, the better"
"You are going to be so sorry when you come back from Chicago with your crush on him gone only to find out that I was right all along".

We talked for a bit longer before I had to hang up. I packed my suit case into my moms car and got in the front seat. We got to the airport and boarded our plane.
"Remember to text your friends so they know you won't be able to talk for a few hours", my mom reminded me. She's a little paranoid when it comes to flying. She thinks that sending one text message will cause the whole plane to crash.
"I already sent a mass text to the good hair crew chat", I said.
"What about TJ?"
I hesitated, "I don't think he will be texting me"
"Why not?" She turned to me, concerned.
"He's been...preoccupied lately"

I spent the next few hours listening to music and reading. Was i listening to sad love songs? Maybe. But I am sticking with my goal for this week: get over TJ.

We got to our hotel room and unpacked our bags.
"What do you want to do first?" Mom asked.
"Six flags?" I suggested.
"That's tomorrow", she said.
We ended up just going to the hotels hot tub and sitting for an hour. It was semi-relaxing. It gave me time to think about not thinking about TJ. But every time I tried to just relax, I would hear Buffy in the back of my mind saying "he likes you!"

This might be harder than I thought.

Anyways I have another Tyrus fanfic on my account. It is completed. Sorry this first chapter was so short. I promise you it will get better.

Please ignore the fact that I said Cyrus celebrates Christmas when he is Jewish. My dumbass forgot that while writing this but I'm not going to change it 👌🏻