Chapter 5

TJ POV

"What have I done? My plan was to hang out with Kira so Cyrus wouldn't know that I like him. But now he doesn't know that I like him" I ranted to my sister, Amber.

"But that was your plan, right?" She asked, confused.

"I thought Kira could help me get over him", I explained, "and I thought it worked. But then he told me that some random guy in Chicago told him he's cute and now I'm remembering all of my feelings"

"You need to tell him", she said.

"But he's with someone else" I said.

"A guy told him he's cute. That doesn't mean they are dating"

"I guess", I said, "but why would he tell me that? He didn't even tell me he was going to Chicago and now out of nowhere he's telling me about some guy he met? I feel like that means something"

"Like what?" She asked.

"What I he knew I liked him but he didn't like me so now he's trying to subtly tell me he doesn't like me by saying he's with someone else"

"... that sounded ridiculous" she said. "Or he likes you and is trying to make you jealous"

"Doubt it"

"But that could also explain the sudden mention of Chicago boy", she said.

"We have school tomorrow. What am I going to say when I see him?" I panicked.

"Act like nothing is wrong", she said, "but you need to stop hanging out with Kira or it will send the wrong message"

I took a deep breath, "ok"

"Wow. Big strong basketball team captain afraid to talk to a boy a whole foot shorter than him", she teased.