Prolouge

Edited

Ice and snow surrounded her, the thick fog limiting her visibility to just a few feet despite her keen sight.

In her talons, she cradled a young owlet wrapped in a blanket of wolf pelt, a gift from a stranger on her journey. The owlet, still growing its feathers, weakened from the cold.

The mother knew they needed shelter soon before exhaustion overtook her or her owlet perished. The biting wind slipping through her feathers slowed her progress.

After a brief search, she found a sheltered hollow to spend the night, protected from the wind's chill.

Tending to her owlet, she fed it a small portion of stored food, reassuring it softly. "Don't worry, Akia, just a bit further," she murmured, as the owlet cooed in response.

As Akia nestled into the warmth of the wolf pelt, drifting off to sleep, the mother kept watch, her gaze fixed on the dense fog outside.

.
.
.

Suddenly, sounds of a fierce battle erupted outside the hollow. Brown and white feathers flashed in the dimming light, signaling the arrival of a Snow Owl. Akia's mother was in perilous combat with the intruder, a Snowy Owl wearing a dark mask and gleaming metallic claws.

The brutal fight ended tragically as the Snowy Owl struck Akia's mother, causing her to plummet with a broken wing. With nowhere to hide, Akia cowered in the exposed hollow.

The masked owl approached, his voice stern yet strangely reassuring. "Don't worry, little Owlet. I won't harm you. I will take you to the Ash King, and he will determine your fate," he declared as he lifted Akia with his metallic talons and soared into the sky.

---

What do you think?

Please vote and comment your theories, ideas, or ask questions. I'd love to get your feedback!

Love you all!
MG.