Chapter 20

Forgive my grammar mistakes

Ryder's POV

I was in love with the person who stopped believing in it ever since he had to break up with his ex.

After my steamy night with Alex it was hard for me not to fall for him and make him mine for the rest of my life.

I know Alex didn't feel the same as I do and he claimed that night to be a big drunken mistake and nothing else, which kind of hurt me though.

After I  coaxed him into getting in a relationship with me he finally agreed and said that he will give us a chance but it might take awhile for him to feel something for me since he was still in love with his ex.

Finally after courting him for months he finally started getting comfortable around me and shared his personal things with me which he was hesitating to do.

Alex is a great person , very loving and caring. He is very loyal and will do anything for the one he loves. But there is something or I must say someone who is holding him back to take a step further in anything he does.

Whenever we go out on a date or just hang out as boyfriend, he is always scared of something. He will always look around before kissing me or showing his affection in public.

I know Alex is not of a person who is scared of his relationship with a man but there is definitely something which he was scared of. Whenever I asked him the reason for it then he would either simply ignore it or divert the topic.

One day I decided to surprise him by visiting his home but who knew that it would be me who would get surprised instead. As soon as I reached his home and decided to ring the bell, I heard someone screaming inside. That person's scream was so loud that I could easily hear what was being said.

"WAS THAT FAG WAS ENOUGH FOR YOU?? NOW YOU'VE DECIDED TO SPREAD YOUR LEGS FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!" Some lady was shouting her lungs out.

"YOU WERE SIMPLY TOP WITH YOUR EX, AT LEAST YOU HAD SOME DIGNITY LEFT IN YOU. BUT NOW YOU'RE EVEN SPREADING YOUR LEGS FOR SOMEONE!!! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MANHOOD OR WHAT!!!?" Was the voice of some guy.

I am pretty sure they were Alex's parents who were yelling at him. Alex did told me that his parents are homophobic but I had no idea that they are like this.

"SERIOUSLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE ME BEING HAPPY WITH SOMEONE FOR ONCE. FIRST YOU MADE ME BROKE UP RAY AND YOU ARE DOING IT AGAIN." Alex yelled back.

"WE WILL BE HAPPY IF YOU CAN LOVE SOMEONE WHO IS NOT 'BOY'. WHO HAVE BOOBS RATHER THAN FLAT CHEST. IF YOU WON'T BREAK THINGS UP WITH HIM THEN....."

"THEN WHAT?? YOU'LL WILL TRY TO KILL HIM TOO LIKE YOU TRIED TO RAY AND HIS ADOPTIVE FAMILY!!!!???"

Wait... what is happening!!???

There was a long silence after that. I couldn't hear properly after that because they stopped yelling but their voice was still loud. I was able to hear some words like poison, plan, inhuman.

I thought about going inside and making myself appear in front of them. But then I rejected the idea because I don't want to make things worse for Alex then they already were.

I left that place and decided to go back home. Alex did tell me he had broken his relationship with his ex due to family pressure but I had no idea that this was the case. I guess I n🎂eed to make Alex tell me everything. But before that I need to deal with some people first .