Untitled Part 1

"Oliver you have two men coming up the alley from the north. Neither are armed."

Oliver heard Felicity's voice coming over comm's as he settled into position. He had just spent most of the morning doing reconnaissance and now he was ready to get the target and head back to the hotel. He and Felicity had traveled to Los Angeles in pursuit of a meta human that was stealing souls. He had left four bodies in his wake in Star City and Oliver was ready to get the meta and return home.

"Copy Overwatch, I am in position."

"Oliver are you sure you don't want to wait and talk to the contact that Constantine set up for you? I mean you don't even have John backing you up."

"I got this." Oliver's voice growled back over the comm's and Felicity sat back with a sigh as she watched her computer screen.

"Stubborn......" Felicity's muttered words were barely audible.

"Did you say something?" Oliver's voice came over the comm's again and Felicity realized she had left hers on.

"Uh, no. Just hurry home."

Oliver crouched down in the alley waiting. He saw the two men and when they drew near, he jumped down into their path.

He frowned as he looked them over. They were nothing like what he was expecting. One gentleman had on a nice suit and had dark black hair and seemed quite refined. The other was a bulkier African American gentleman that was dressed in jeans and a shirt. They looked at him in surprise and then the man in the suit gave him a once over with a smile curving his lips.

"Mmm, danger and leather, Lucifer likes."

"Lucy!" Amenadiel glanced at his brother and rolled his eyes.

"What? We are standing in front of a man dressed in green leather, wielding a bow and arrow." Lucifer takes a step closer to Oliver and smiles. "So, tell me, what is it that you desire?"

Oliver stepped back lowering his head and Lucifer was quite surprised. Most people could not look away and revealing their deepest desire was always the end result. This man was a strong one.

"Who are you and what do are you doing here?" Oliver's growly voice startled Amenadiel, but Lucifer just smiled charmingly.

"Lucifer Morningstar at your service. Or maybe you should be at my service."

Oliver looked up in surprise. Lucifer Morningstar? This man was the contact that Constantine was going to set him up with later. And was he flirting?

Oliver looked between them still sizing them up. For a large man Amenadiel had a peaceful air about him. However, Lucifer was a whole other story. He knew he was the devil, the real Lucifer, and he knew he needed to tread lightly.

"If you are looking for your meta human he is gone. We passed him on the way into the alley." Lucifer crossed his hands casually as Oliver glared at him.

"You let him go? I thought you were going to help me." Oliver gripped his bow tight. Damn, he had been so close.

"Now, now, a deal is a deal. Especially one with the devil. I am going to help you. The reason I let him go is because now you can find out who he is working with."

"Lucy and I were able to find out that the meta you are chasing is working with someone." Amenadiel pulled out a piece of paper with a man's face. "His name is James Anderson. He is from Central City and has been working with the Soul Man. He is the one that finds the Soul Man his victims."

"Soul Man?" Oliver looked at Amenadiel a little confused.

Lucifer smiled. "Great name for your meta eh? It has a nice ring to it."

Oliver looked at Lucifer with a small bit of annoyance. "We did not know he was working with someone."

"He keeps a low profile." Amenadiel indicated the paper.

"Getting this information is one of the perks of working with the devil. No need to thank me. Well maybe. Just a little. No one's stopping you." Lucifer smiled.

"Thank you." Oliver bit the words out. "I have to go." He shot an arrow to the roof and then catapulted up and out of sight.

Lucifer watched him go with a gleam in his eyes. "Interesting fellow eh?"

Amenadiel just shook his head and started to walk away.

"What? He wears green leather and growls. You don't find that fascinating?" Lucifer followed his brother. Amenadiel never answered him.

***

Felicity had been watching her pad as Oliver met with the two men. They didn't fight nor did they seem to argue, and Felicity was intrigued. Who were they? The taller of the two was quite good looking and had a charm about him that would catch any woman's eye. He obviously was not the meta they had been chasing for over a week.

She heard a thump on the patio and soon Oliver entered the room. He pulled his hood back and then set his bow on the desk in the room.

"How did it go? Who were those men?" Felicity was on him in a second with questions.

"That was not my meta. That was Lucifer Morningstar, the contact that Constantine arranged."

"What? But how?"

"He's the devil. He also let my meta go." Oliver said the words with a slight annoyance and Felicity's eyes flew wider.

"He let him go? I thought he was supposed to help us."

"Actually, he did." Oliver pulled the picture from his jacket pocket. "It seems the Soul Man, as Lucifer calls him, has an accomplice."

"The Soul Man? Hmm, it has a nice ring to it." Felicity was looking at the picture and she did not see Oliver roll his eyes at her choice of words. She walked over to where her laptop was set up with a scanner nearby.

"Let me see if I can find a name for our accomplice." She scanned in the paper and after about 5 minutes of working they had a hit.

"Ah ha! His name is Peter Jackson. He works as a bartender here in Los Angeles."

Oliver removed his jacket and then walked over and looked over her shoulder.

"He doesn't have a record." Felicity typed quickly and Oliver watched as he always did. In pure amazement as a few seconds later they had an address. "Voila!"

Felicity looked up at him and smiled. "The devil is not the only one with a trick up his sleeve."

Oliver leaned down and kissed her lips. "Thank you." He started toward his bow.

"Where are you going?"

Felicity turned in her seat, her lips still tingling from the kiss. They had been back together for about 4 months and she had to admit, his kisses still gave her goose bumps.

"To this guy's address."

Felicity walked over and grabbed his bow. "Oh no you are not. You have plenty of time tomorrow to get our man, tonight you are taking me out. Are you hungry? Because I am starving." Felicity walked over and grabbed her coat. She knew the Soul Man had just hit a few nights before, so they had some time before he struck again.

"You want to go out?" Oliver was surprised. Ok, he could wait until tomorrow on their meta. However, he had been hoping for a quiet evening in their room.

"Yes. We are in Los Angeles. Let's go enjoy the evening."

Oliver sighed as he headed to the bathroom. "Let me take a quick shower."

Felicity grinned. Tonight, they would enjoy the town.