Untitled Part 3

Felicity walked into the hotel room and immediately turned to Oliver. Why was he so on edge? Ok, so he was working with the Devil. But Oliver never shied away from evil, no matter what the form.

"Ok, so are you going to tell me what is going on with you? You couldn't get out of that restaurant fast enough. Does Lucifer make you nervous? I mean he is quite handsome. Well not like you handsome. Your all hard and growly and he is more sophisticated and charming." Oliver gave her a look of surprise. Did she just say that? "I mean you are charming too but..."

Oliver walked over and sat down on the couch that was in the sitting area of the room. He leaned his arms on his knees trying to find a way to explain how he was feeling to Felicity. It was not easy.

"I just don't like you being around him." Ok, that was not the best answer.

Felicity frowned. "Oliver, you're not making any sense. I have been around evil before. Meta-Humans, killers. I mean I know he is the devil. The literal devil. But he is working with us."

Oliver let out a breath. This was not coming out right. "Please Felicity. Just stay away from him."

Felicity was even more confused for a moment but then realization hit her. "Are you jealous?"

Oliver's head flew up and he looked at her with surprise. "Jealous? No, I am not jealous I just..."

"Oliver Jonas Queen, you look me in the eyes and tell me this is not jealousy." Felicity placed her hands on her hips and stood in front of him.

Oliver looked down at the floor, and then he finally looked up at her and she saw it in his eyes. "I just don't like you being around him ok?" He said the words softly and Felicity sighed. She sat down next to him and placed her hands over his.

"Oliver, you have nothing to be jealous about. I am with you. I love you. I always have. Since the day you walked into my office with that stupid bullet ridden laptop."

Oliver met her eyes and she could see the uncertainty there. He still struggled with feeling that he deserved her love. That struggled had been amplified when he saw Lucifer flirting with her. Just the thought that he could lose her again made him crazy.

She leaned forward and kissed him softly and felt the tension leave his body.

He pulled back with a twinkle in his eye, "A salmon ladder in the bedroom?"

Felicity actually blushed, "Well you are constantly using it in the lair, and it is distracting. You being all shirtless and sweaty with your muscles all bulging. Dig still teases me about giving him the wrong address to the coffee shop because of you distracting me. And don't even get me started about when you and Dig train together......"

Oliver quickly kissed her to stop her rambling. She was so cute and wonderful, and he totally did not deserve her. But she was his and he was hers and nothing or no-one, not even the Devil was going to change that.

***

"Why hello there tall, dark and green." Lucifer gave Oliver his winning smile as Oliver approached. "You know the leather is an interesting choice of material. Do you have some latent domination issues or..." Oliver glared at him, so he finally quit talking.

Today they were going to see Mayor Davis. Felicity and Oliver had driven back to Star City the morning after their encounter with Lucifer. Oliver had breathed a mental sigh of relief to leave that city behind them. But today Lucifer had arrived to confront the Mayor. Oliver was mentally preparing himself for the confrontation.

Oliver shifted a little uncomfortably on his feet. It wasn't Lucifer's flirting that had him feeling tense. He had experienced both men and women hitting on him his whole life. He was uncomfortable with the fact that Lucifer was a wild card. Oliver was used to going in and getting information his way. He used brute force when he had to, and it always worked. However, Lucifer was involved, and Oliver was not one that was comfortable with unknowns in the field.