Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Oh, you're all I taste at night inside of my mouth"

It had been too long since the boys had a break as well so when Castle invited the all out for drinks at the Old Haunt, they jumped at the opportunity.

Ryan and Jenny showed up first. Even Castle was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't long before Esposito and Lanie showed up as well.

Sitting at their regular table, the four waited for the writer and his muse to grace them with their presence.

"Hi," Agent Ram said quietly when she arrived. She had been surprised when Kate called her and not only apologized but also invited her out for drinks with the gang.

"Hey Ram," Ryan greeted, "pull up a chair."

"Anyone else coming?" the out-of-place agent asked as she took a seat.

"Castle invited Gates but she turned him down of course," Espo said with a small smirk.

Nicole let out a chuckle. From what she had seen, Captain Gates wasn't fond of Richard castle which made him try even harder to get her to like him. "Speaking of Castle, where do you think him and Beckett are?"

The other four grinned and as the same time both Ryan and Esposito chorused, "In Castle's office."

~O.o.O.o.O~

In the office of a certain mystery writer, he and a certain detective were a little distracted.

"Don't you think we should get up there before they figure out where we are and what we're doing?" Kate asked between kisses.

Rick groaned at the loss of contact between their lips and captured hers with his again. Tangling his hands in her hair he pulled her closer. He tilted her head slightly so he could get a better angle of access. His tongue plunged into her mouth and she couldn't hold back that little moan that drove Rick crazy.

"Let them figure it out," Rick replied, breathing heavily, "I'm sure they probably have by now anyways."

"Castle," she groaned, "We really need to stop sneaking around and making out like a couple of horny teenagers."

"What if I'm okay with acting like horny teenagers?"

"Grow up Rick," she mock scolded even though she was laughing.

Beckett's phone went off, causing Rick to jump back as if whoever was calling Kate could see them.

"Beckett," she said into the phone while giving Rick a look.

"It's Espo. Can you two stop making out for five minutes and come upstairs? There's been a body drop and I think you'll both want to be here for this."

~O.o.O.o.O~

Uniforms were there when Castle, Beckett, Ryan, Esposito, Ram, and Lanie got to Castle's building.

"Detective," one of the officers greeted as Beckett walked up to him.

"What happened here?" the female detective asked the young officer.

"Witness heard gunshots and called it in. When we got here the doorman was lying dead in a pool of his own blood but there was no shooter to be seen."

"It's the dragon," Castle stated, "he sent someone here to get at us."

Beckett turned to the boys and said, "Ryan, you and Castle stay here and see if you can get any more information. Espo and Ram, you come with me and we'll scour the inside of the building for the shooter."

Castle looked like he was going to protest but he kept his mouth shut, knowing that was probably the best thing to do in this situation.

Beckett, Espo, and Ram did an al clear around the building and headed for the loft where they weren't sure what they were going to find.

There were definitely signs of break and entering when they reached Castle's front door.

Espo entered first, followed by the other two; all three with their guns ready.

Ram was checking around a corner when she got grabbed from behind. With one swift movement, her assailant knocked her out cold.

Both Espo and Beckett heard the commotion and hurried towards the noise.

Nicole was crumpled on the floor while Cole Maddox stood over her—his gun pointed towards Beckett and Esposito.

"Two against one Maddox," Kate taunted, "you can't win."

"Don't you ever die?" he retorted.

"No not really. Maybe when I'm old and die warm and peacefully in my bed."

"Really Beckett, you're going to reference Titanic right now?" Esposito teased.

"How do you even know that?" Beckett asked, raising an eyebrow but never taking her eyes or gun off Maddox.

"Can I just kill you already or should I wait until you two are done your girly moment?" Maddox retorted.

"In your dreams Maddox," Espo said smoothly.

Cole reached for the trigger on his gun but Kate was faster. Her bullet hit him straight in the chest. Poetic justice, Kate couldn't help but think.

"You okay?" Espo asked her as he moved towards Ram to make she was okay too. Her breathing was steady and she appeared to be coming to.

"Yeah," Kate told him. Then breaking the tension she added, "So how did you know what I said was a Titanic reference?