Chapter 1: The Will

HER

2014, August 8

‘’Good Morning’’ I smiled at the two receptionists when I walked past them. Everyone looked exhausted already and today's just monday… ‘Right, today is monday.’

Holding the coffee i take out at the nearby cafe for Felix in my left hand, i push the elevator button using my right elbow while looking at my wristwatch to check the time ‘9:46 am, she's must be here already.’

The elevator door opens at the 8th floor where the President’s office is. I immediately saw my father’s attorney, standing at the side, ‘’Good morning. You're still working here?’’ he asked as we walked towards the office.

I nodded and answered, ‘’Fortunately, yes.’’ He didn't say anything and just shook his head and chuckled a bit.

As we arrived at Felix’s office, I immediately saw Mother standing in front of his table, arms crossed up in her chest and looking so annoyed. Beside her is a man wearing formal attire. She was about to say something when I announced Atty. Martin’s, ‘’Atty. Martin is here’’ as I walked straight beside Felix to hand him the coffee I ordered early.

When Mother saw me, she instructed the man who she called the Executor to follow her through the glass room that was used for private meetings.

Looking at her from a distance talking to the Executor, Felix whispered, ‘’You're finally here! What took you so long, Lia? Mother almost killed me alone’’ I shook my head and chuckled at his exaggerated remarks. 

Silence envelopes the two of us as we start to do our separate works. About a half hour ago, we were both startled by a loud glass shattering noise coming from the room, breaking the peaceful silence Mother shouted, ‘’What? How could you?!’’

Felix and i looked at each other as we decided to check what’s happening. As the distance between us disappeared, i started hearing some of what the Executor was saying inheritance, someone’s name and a contract.

‘’What’s happening?’’ Felix asked, facing them whilst I stayed behind him since I wasn't allowed to take part regarding those matters. Or matters involving the attorney as per Mother's strict orders.

‘’This man keeps talking about the will your father left after what?! After 13 years?’’ she exclaimed.

Felix then turned to look at the Executor and asked, ‘’What will?’’

At this point, I knew I should leave but when I started to hear the word will and father, curiosity took over me and i wanted to hear it directly from the Executor… I also want to see what their face would look like or what reaction they would give regarding of what the Executor may say.

‘’For starters, it was his order to state his last will after 13 years. As it’s written here, all of the family’s wealth will be name under his only daughter; Felicia and…’’ he looked around before he continues, ‘’There is also a contract that stated that his daughter must wed Marco Rousseau’s eldest son.’’

The Executor looked at Atty. Martin and nod, signaling him ‘’That’s all. If there’s anything you need to know, ask the Attorney’’ he then excused himself and left.

Atty. Martin smiled at me and turned to look at Mother. I stared at Felix's back as he stood still in complete confusion before I turned to look at Mother to see her annoyed face.