Chapter 7 - Bugs

Fern, seeing some of the new bugs, tried to be as sneaky as possible. Sometimes he would attempt to grab them with his tiny talons, and sometimes he would peck them with his beak. Some bugs went away, and some were caught. Fern was getting the hang of how catching them works.

  Eventually, Fern managed to get his next seed. The seed was a bit new, it had little rudders that made it spin midair. It was still lightweight and was easy to maneuver with. "Sweet! Now to plant this seed.." He waited for it to fall to the floor to grab it. He grasped it in his claws and felt the winds push him to his location. There was a mark on the ground, it was the same location he planted his earlier seed. "Huh.. so I just plant it here again I guess..?" Fern said as he dug and planted the seed.

  "Unh! I can't catch them!" A young Hoo-Hoo grunted, Fern directed his attention to the voice. "Hello? Do you need help?" Fern flew torwards the voice, he landed on a branch and saw the Hoo-Hoo struggling to catch the new bugs. The Hoo-Hoo stamped on the tree's bark to try to get it, but to no avail. Fern saw that the Hoo-Hoo had extra streamers on the back of it's head, indicating it is a female.

  "Hey, I can help you out!" Fern said to the Hoo-Hoo, she turned her head around to him. "You can?" The Hoo-Hoo tilted her head. Fern was a bit stunned by her voice, he couldn't pinpoint what it was about her voice that shocked him a bit. "Yeah! Someone back there said that you had to be sneaky with the prey" Fern told the Hoo-Hoo. "Oh.. so do I just.." The Hoo-Hoo flew infront of one of the bugs and slowly tried to grab it, but it vanished quickly. "Ouhh.. it's no use!" The Hoo-Hoo kicked and sadly squealed. "You flew infront of it.. try going for behind..!"  Fern said, watching the Hoo-Hoo follow his tip. The Hoo-Hoo managed to catch the bug, she triumphantly squealed. "Thank you! Thank you so much! If only I knew earlier so I could help others.." The Hoo-Hoo looked down. "Just like I helped someone with the orange bugs.." The Hoo-Hoo finally exclaimed.

  The it clicked, Fern finally noticed what bugged him about her voice. It was someone he has met before. It was..

"Anaberu?!"

END OF CHAPTER 7