Chapter 18 - Migration

His wings flapped, he sped up with every wing beat. He flew across the desert that is Phoenixus and was getting much closer to the edge. Fern drifted his wing across the sand and felt it's grainy texture. He still clutched onto the crystal, speeding through the air as fast as he can. Fern was just waiting for something new, something he could see other than sand.

Then, he saw it. Fresh, blue water at the edge of the island. He continued flying and is now over water. In the water he could see his own reflection, Fern jolted a bit from his flight but realized it was him. He has never seen himself before and always looked down to get a glimpse of how he looked. Fern stopped his flight for a minute to look behind himself, the island was just a tiny speck and he was a little hesitant on leaving his home. He brushed his thoughts aside and turned back to where he was heading. He still thought to himself, dragons, Kloī, koi? Fern was really curious about them. His thoughts started to jumble up, Fern felt a bit of a rush. His tufts went up and his body was starting to flame up. His sight turned blue as his eyes shot out cold blue flames.

Fern remembered that the crystal was activated when his powers were used, so he quickly tossed it up into the air. Fern prepared an ice-ball attack from his mouth, he could feel the ice-ball's cold smoke dance around his beak, he then shot it directly at the falling crystal. He flew directly into the portal it formed, spawning him onto the near sky. He then dove as fast as he could, dismissing collecting Auras as the crystal was intended to do. This was so he could build immense speed. Fern screeched as he turned into a blue flaming fireball, he flew faster than he ever flown before, speeding up tremendously and cutting time off his travel

Fern travelled like this for a moment, the waters below him whizzed by from his velocity, he had to shut his eyes due to how fast he was going. Fern went on and on, speeding through the waters until he was exhausted. Fern travelled so much and for so long and the sun was starting to set. Fern summoned one of his Dewdrops to drink so he could relieve himself from his Enraged form. Fern panted, his wings started to cramp after flying that fast. He flapped to keep it from cramping too much. Fern was starting to miss his days, he missed being with his mate and daughter, playing around and chatting about their days.

Fern was starting to get sleepy..

END OF CHAPTER 18