six.

third person's pov

the next day, taehyung woke up with a heavy headache. he drank a lot.

❝did i see my mate?❞ taehyung mumbled to himself, walking to the bathroom.

he looked at his neck, seeing no signs of a claim mark.

❝eh. no mate,❞ taehyung shrugged.

he took a shower, deciding to take a stroll in the park.

his parents weren't home yet so he could hang around for a while.

taehyung was walking around when he saw a dog.

taehyung loved dogs. they were fluffy, cute, loyal and he wanted to cuddle them.

❝puppy!❞ taehyung squealed, running towards the dog.

taehyung insisted on calling every dog a puppy because he thought of them as his babies.

❝c'mere, sweetie,❞ taehyung cooed, looking at the white poodle who looked at him with the cutest eyes.

❝hey,❞ the dog's owner smiled.

❝is this your puppy?❞ taehyung asked, sitting on the grass to play with the dog.

❝yes. that's my dog. her name's ivy,❞ the owner said, sitting down.

the owner was clearly an alpha. he radiated the strong dominance.

his arms covered in tattoos, a sharp jawline, his raven hair parted.

he looked fine.

taehyung could clearly smell his scent and he looked up with wide eyes.

was this his mate? was it finally happening?

❝what's your name, alpha?❞ taehyung asked, bending his neck.

taehyung didn't know how the name slipped out. an omega only addressed to his or her own alpha that way while submitting.

taehyung's eyes widened, looking at the male who looked just ask shocked.

❝i-i think i should leave,❞ the male chuckled, looking behind taehyung, getting his dog and going away.

taehyung then realized that the scent was coming from behind him.

taehyung's eyes widened, seeing the male.

❝junghyun!❞ taehyung stood up, squealing.

❝you're my mate, aren't you?! i met you when i was drunk!❞ taehyung squealed, hugging the male.

❝it's jeongguk.❞

❝sorry, alpha,❞ taehyung sending, bending his neck.

he missed the way jeongguk's jaw clenched at the name, his fists tightening, trying to control himself.

❝it's okay. i was wondering if you'd like to go out? get to know each other well? i was just around the corner and i saw you. so i came over,❞ jeongguk said.

that was a lie.

jeongguk saw taehyung was with an alpha and he didn't want his omega to talk to other alphas while being unmarked.

❝wanna go to my cafe?❞ jeongguk asked and taehyung nodded.

❝right. i forgot you bathed in rubies,❞ taehyung mumbled, looking at jeongguk's clothing choice.

❝you need new clothes,❞ taehyung said.

❝what? why?❞ jeongguk asked.

❝you're my mate. if my mate looks like this besides me, it'll be bad,❞ taehyung said and jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

❝you're wearing red on red. and it's not even gucci!❞ taehyung sighed.

❝we're gonna go shopping later too,❞ taehyung said and jeongguk nodded.

❝whatever you want,❞ jeongguk grinned, following taehyung who kept rambling about random stuff.

he wanted to claim taehyung and completely mate him. but he couldn't.

---
thoughts?

i love you x