The Time I Met Grace Stark (and it was Wicked Cool)

I woke up early, and I laid there, just waiting for a call from Tony, wondering where he was and why I couldn't go with him, when, as I turned and looked out the window, the Iron Man suit flew out of my barn. Or at least parts of it.

Without bothering to change out of my pajamas, I put on some boots and walked out into the snow, heading for the barn as I shivered from the cold. But I stopped when I saw something standing next to it, its back to me. I heard a girl's voice when I walked closer.

"Of course he would program you to defend him."

"Hello?" I asked; it at least sounded human.

It turned, revealing... an Iron Man suit? The girl inside stuttered, "H-Hi."

"Is that... Is that an Iron Man suit?" I asked, walking closer, confused. It was purple and gold.

The girl hesitated for a while. "No..."

"It looks like one," I said.

"Well, it's purple," she argued. "Iron Man doesn't wear purple."

I nodded; that was true. I looked up at the helmet's face, considering the suit was taller than I was. I threw caution to the wind and introduced myself. "I'm Harley. Harley Keener."

"I'm..." She hesitated for way too long, then said, "Primrose."

That name was obviously fake, and, anyway, I was pretty sure I'd heard it somewhere before. "No, you're not."

"Of-Of course I am," she argued. "That's my name. Primrose Everdeen."

"Bullcrap." Wherever that name came from, it had nothing to do with Iron Man.

She was grasping at straws, obviously. "Well, then... your name isn't Harley."

I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing, and I was started to get mad. "Of course it is!"

"Then my-" she started, but then it hit me.

"Wait," I said. "I know who you are. You're her." There was no one else it could be.

"What-?"

"You're Grace Stark," I said, and she paused.

"N-No, I'm not. Who's Grace Stark? I-I'm not-"

"Well, they only say your name is Grace," I said; I knew I was right, just based on her reaction. She was a bad liar. "But you're definitely Tony's daughter."

She paused again, seemed suspicious. I just waited. "Do you... Do you know him?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "I saved his life. And I helped him fix his suit. It just flew off, so I guess he has it now."

"Where is he?" she asked. I saw no reason to lie to her.

"Miami. He's fighting the Mandarin, I think." She paused, and, even though I couldn't see her face, I could tell she was scared. Her dad was fighting a terrorist, after all. "Come on. Let's try to call him."

I passed her and went into the barn, and she followed, still wearing the suit. All I could think was that I was talking to the Grace Stark. It was wicked cool.

Of course, that was before I knew she was a massive nerd who read books and made art and watched Netflix when she wasn't doing her schoolwork and making terrible jokes.