ch 2

Our story continues four years later. Severus and I are now dating. We've had a few fights but nothing truly major. He is still as sweet as ever, still the most affectionate guy on the planet, still just plain gorgeous. He and I are soulmates.

As much as Severus stayed the same, Lily changed a lot. And I mean a LOT. I'm sure you've heard of the fifth year incident. After all, everyone was there. (Except me, I was in the library.)

In case you haven't heard, here it is. My annoying brother jinxes Severus, Lily defends him, Severus accidentally lashes out at her, Lily won't forgive him, yada yada.

So now Lily has joined the Marauders in bullying Severus. Honestly, what a traitor.

Anyway, that was last year. This is now.

Lily, along with her popular clique, was gossiping about Severus. Naturally, I had an instinct to protect him, so I acted upon it.

"What do you think you're doing?! He's better than you'll ever be! You're just too selfish to see that!" I screamed, furious at Lily for bullying my boyfriend.

Pretty much everyone heard. Even Severus.

Lily looked flustered, and then enraged.

But then, she did something even I didn't expect.

Her forest-green eyes flashed neon. She extended her arms out. Lily Evans, the most popular girl in school, floated into the air, her hair rippling in a wind no one else could feel. And all this time, her fierce gaze was trained on me.

I was scared for my life.

Severus tried to jinx her, but it just bounced off. She laughed. It was a terrible sound, all hollow and soulless. Purple light seemed to radiate off her, her eyes still shining neon green. Suddenly it was freezing cold as she put some kind of powerful curse on me. I blacked out instantly.

The next thing I knew, Severus's voice was begging me to wake up. My eyelids seemed to weigh a ton, so it was tricky, but I did it. I opened my eyes and was greeted by a blinding light. Severus seemed to glow. Upon noticing I was awake, Severus hugged me tighter than ever before. He then started kissing me, sweeter than a chocolate cookie. Aww.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked, groggily. And then I got frantic. "Did I miss any classes?" I bolted upright.

Severus gently laid my head in his lap. "Shh love, you did miss a few classes, but you're excused from the homework. You've only been asleep for a day. I was awaiting the moment I would get to gaze into your beautiful eyes again." He said, smiling slightly. "Are you alright, my love?" He asked, noticing I had started crying. He asked what Lily had done to me.

"It was the Violet Light Curse. Most only live a few years after that. I love you, and I don't want to die." My voice trailed off and I started crying. Severus, ever the sweetest, wrapped his arms around me. I put my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead.

I love him, and don't want to be seperated from him...