Somewhat Stuck [6]

Síerra has this feeling that she was stuck in a stalemate. The stalemate between the Duke and his sons.

"Why are you all here? Aren't you attending your tutors?" The duke's eyes narrowed into slits as he questioned.

"Father, its Saturday today. No lessons nor swordsmanship." Callix reasoned and glance at Christian.

"Father, didn't you say you were supposed to be attending an important meeting today?" Christian looked so sweet in that toothy grin.

"Yes! We also heard it!" Callious and Calliux echoed and canophy nodded his head. They all looked so synchronized and orderly. It was hard to find fault at all.

Before a big war happened, the stalemate was broken by Mariel who was carrying a towel on her right hand.

"Duke, the bath was ready, you can bath the young miss already. Good morning young masters." After addressing to the duke, Mariel bowed at the stupefied boys.

"This is evil!" The silent canophy burst out.

"Vile method!" Christian had his soul flying somewhere.

"Lace with malice." The twins murmured.

I wonder, what are they talking about? I don't seem to follow.

"This is unforgivable! Why is it only father giving her a bath? I will join too!" Christian said in outburst. Wait, what?

You want to bathe me too?

No no no!

One handsome is enough for me to handle! I can't afford another one. I don't want many people to know this dark history!

I cried internally and I became daze. They started arguing. The Duke crossed words by his sons. I cannot tolerate their chatter anymore!

Can't you just let Mariel bathe me?!!

"Wahhhhhhhhh!"

"Síerra? Why are you crying?!"

"This is all your fault, if the two of you keep quiet, she wouldn't cry!"

"You're accusing us? Who yell and tell repeatedly then?"

""Sinners! Making her cry!""

"Silence."

The Duke slowly cradle me in his arms and swing me left and right gently. The boys pouted in dismay as they watch their father bring their beloved sister to the bathroom.

"Shush. don't cry anymore." Síerra feels like crying more now. The hell? I already cried so you can postponed the bathing itself and just pass me to Mariel!

Why are you so persistent in adding another black history on my notebook?

"You look ugly at that manner." I look ugly? *Síerra's cry intensifies*

"No, you look beautiful?" His words sounded so unsure and unbelievable, it was like asking for affirmation.

Síerra wanted to ask....

'why is there a question mark there?!!!'

I want to be a grown-up already.