Chapter Two.

Sooooo, the picture is Corra after the makeover. SPOT THE ONE TREE HILL QUOTE. That is all, read on.

CHAPTER 2

It is amazing how such small moments can define your life. That awful even occurred two years ago and I still haven’t learned to trust anyone from the outside. I enrolled in home schooling and finished out that year and the next one in peace without anyone bothering me.

After that happened my grandmother and I packed up and moved to a secluded town 45 minutes away from my mother.

I began waitressing at a local bar and grill, Jones, even though I was underage Jones the owner seemed to have trust in me and believed in me. He kept me going and so did my Grandmother. I lost weight and grew taller so the extra weight moved where it needed to be. I dyed my hair blonde, my acne cleared up and I learned about contacts. I was no long the little Corra who could be pushed and shoved around. I had confidence and didn’t take anyone’s arrogance; I stood up for myself and refused to be treated like that ever again.

My Grandma fell in love with a house way bigger than we needed on the outside of town that left me to rely on my car more than I would have wished.

As the man rambled on about how he would like his steak I looked up and out the window that his booth had a view of. In the night sky I saw white little flakes start to fall to the ground, a smile slowly spread across my lips.

“You’re not even writing! Did you get that all?” The elderly man questioned raising his voice. He probably was only in his forties but his beard and hair and clothing made him appear elderly. Due to this town being so small we mostly only had truckers come through in effort to shorten their route.

“Medium rare steak with a side of mashed potatoes and no gravy, since you’re a butter man,” I stated back to him, bringing my eyes to meet his with a sly smile on my lips.

The man smiled,“Thanks sweetie.”

I smiled in return and dropped of the mans order. I walked away stopping at my empty place behind the bar to return to filling ketchup bottles. I looked out the big bay windows near the entrance of the building to take in the snow; the streets took the color of a light pink, with the darkness in the sky and the white of the snow coming down.

In midst of my daydreaming a man crossed the road taking long strides towards the building. He glanced up just in time to make eye contact with me.

My jaw dropped those green eyes were the eyes that have haunted me ever since I last saw them at that train station two years ago. He was the boy that was constantly in my dreams where I felt his touch then waking up hoping for it to be real. He shaggy brown hair was still in his eyes and his scar was still prominent.

He surprised me by laughing, I wish I could hear his laugh, but then it clicked in my head that he was laughing at me and I looked down to see the ketchup bottle overflowing. Ketchup was all over the counter and me, I looked up to see the boy but he wasn’t there anymore. All my hopes of him coming in here were gone, but this meant he was in my town. All this time wondering where he was from, and he was from right here.

Jones interrupted my thoughts by his laughter, he stepped out of the kitchen holding his stomach,“You are cleaning that up,” he continued his laughter as he returned back in to the kitchen.

I huffed and blew my bangs out of my face, moving my ketchup hands to the sink.

Natalie came up behind me, “Table six needs another iced tea, and a guy just sat down at the bar,” She put her tray down and started cleaning up my ketchup mess as I tended to my hands.