Chapter One: Surprise Attack

{ Told In Third Person! }

Alexander walked across the clouds, floating almost. He liked going out for morning walks in the community. He took in the slight breeze that carried some tufts from the clouds with it. Only a few other angels were outside, either working on their Assignments or just playing. The ones working were mostly adults, or younger angels who were completing their volunteer hours. Alexander had already his volunteer hours for the day, so he planned on spending the rest of the day just strolling around. "Hey Alex!" A voice appeared behind Alexander.

"Hm?" Alexander turned around, only to be found face-to-face with his best friend Geo. "Oh hello G-Geo!" Alexander put on his best smile. Geo was liked by many angels. Well, it made sense, Geo was a likeable person. But it was against the rules to have a grudge against anyone. If you did, well then, you would be released. Alex didn't know what happened to anyone who was released, and he didn't really want to know.

"Sooo, what do you wanna do today?" Geo's wings fluttered softly. His wings were much bigger than Alexander's. Alexander's wings were much smaller. Much smaller.

"I-I don't know," Alexander began. "I-I was planning on just wa-walking fo--" Alexander got cut off when both boys heard a loud explosion come from behind one of the buildings.

"THE SCHOOL HOUSE!" Geo screamed. Both Geo and Alexander ran over to the school house, but were stopped by an adult angel.

"Go to your huts," the angel ordered. Geo looked at Alexander worriedly. Alexander knew that their sisters were both in that school house.

"Please.. o-our sisters are i-in there!" Alexander felt tears forming, but he tried to hold them back. Rule number 456: Boys don't cry. Geo, Alexander, and the adult angel spotted a line of kids being led out of the building in a rush so they could get to safety. Both boys sighed in relief, watching the adult angel fly over to a group of Fours, comforting them and leading them into a separate hut. Geo sighed, and grabbed Alexander's hand, flying over to his angel unit's hut.

"Let's stay in here for the time's being.." Before Alexander could even respond, Geo had already led him inside, closing the door and locking it. Alexander had thought of only two reasons why Geo might have locked the door: one, for safety, or two..

Alexander wiped the thoughts out of his mind, blushing slightly. Geo closed the blinds, hoping that this wasn't an attack or invasion. Alexander's eyes dulled, his cheeks stained from crying so much after they had entered the hut. Geo's eyes widened after he saw the tear-stained cheeks. "Alexander! You know the rule.. boys don't cry!" Alexander hated those words. He just couldn't stop himself. Crying was natural. He had learned this from the humans that he watched. Nobody knew about this of course. Angels weren't allowed to interact with humans. Alexander didn't like that rule. He wanted to study humans, and see how they worked. If only the community could understand that. Geo peeked out the window, and gasped, horror filled his eyes. There was gold blood splatters everywhere. Alexander was huddled up in the corner, hoping for the best. Obviously, from the look in Geo's eyes, that wasn't going to be the case.

"W-What's going on o-out there..?" Alexander tried to control his stuttering, but it was almost impossible. Geo shook his head in disbelief and quickly turned away from the window.

"B-Blood.. almost everywhere.." He looked traumatized. Alexander looked at Geo, trying to process what he had just said. Blood? But why? If there was a fight, certainly it would have been reported. Both boys jumped back after loud banging starting to sound behind the front door. Geo grabbed Alexander by the shoulders and kissed him. Alexander was taken back by this, it was against the rules to kiss or even hug the same gender as you. "Please.. Get to safety.." Alexander nodded slowly, trying to take in what had just happened. "Get to Earth, and don't come back."

"B-But Geo-" Alexander grabbed Geo's arm and pulled towards the window. Geo pushed Alexander away.

"G-GO!" The door was kicked down, and Alexander grabbed Geo again, making a run for the window. Alexander jumped and kicked it open, bringing Geo with him. Geo sighed and carried Alexander bridal style. "I guess we're doing this."

He spread his wings, and flew over the wall.