One

Asiah
It happened again last night. The day to day abuse I have to live with. I woke up from my painful slumber and went into my bathroom connected to my bed room as I walked in I saw my bruised body in the mirror. 'Don't cry' I told myself because I know it won't help or change anything. I showered and got dressed ready for school. I always wore makeup just so I could make sure the bruises are covered, but the big purple ones on my back I could just hide with my clothing. I wore a oversized black jumper with black leggings and black Jordan horizons. Placing my hair in a messy bun and starting on my makeup, it made me wince whenever the brush would touch my face but I know it had to be done. 

The bruises were made by my uncle: Charlie

The bruises were made by my uncle: Charlie. (^Uncle charlie) 

When I was younger my mum couldn't look after me due to her drinking problems and my dad, he was no where to be seen so my uncle took me in. At first it was great; he treated me like I was his daughter and for a while I called him Dad but when I reached 11 that all changed. He'd come home drunk and just hit on me for his own pleasure. He never did anything anymore except beat me, he didn't work he didn't cook he didn't clean so I took up the responsibilities of the house, getting a job in order to provide for us. 

I work in a youth centre helping out the kids everyday after school.
I opened the door of my room peeking my head out to listen for my uncle. No movement. So i grabbed my bag and phone rushing to go get the school bus so I could get to school. I couldn't afford a car yet but I'm saving up to get one. 

~~~~

As I pulled into the school car park I spotted my best friends: Sam and Khe.

Sam saw me first

Sam saw me first. She approached me with that beautiful smile of hers. "Hey best friend" she said. "Heyyy" I replied making her smile even harder. I love Sam she's always here when I need her.

Then Khe appeared beside her

Then Khe appeared beside her. "Hey hoes. How y'all?" she said hugging us tightly. I winced quietly due to the pain on my back "Hey khe" we both said in unison. I thought and hoped that they didn't hear me but they both looked at me; "Did it happen again?" Sam asked with pity in her eyes I just shook my head yes. My friends know about the abuse and they're the only ones who do, I don't trust anyone else with that type of insight on my life. I don't want or need anyone's pity. Khe rubbed my back "It's okay. If you ever want to come to my house please. I want you safe" "I can't leave. He'll hurt you too if I'm found with you Khe remember I told you this" she just looked at me I know she felt bad that she couldn't help but there's nothing she can do. There's nothing anyone can do I'm used to it now. I'll deal with it on my own. Just then the bell for period 1 rang so we held hands walking off to our first class.

Second chapter done 🥺. Please read, vote and add my story to your reading lists. Love yousssss💕

 Love yousssss💕