Battle (Cordy's POV)

Summary: Set during the last battle. Doyle whom has been dead for a couple of years, tells her about the battle. She goes into battle and helps out. It changes what really happened. Anya doesn't die.

It's a dark night in LA, as I patrol the dark streets of my city that I share with Angel.

"Princess," Doyle's ghost greets, as he appears before me. "You have t' help Sunnydale. T'ere's a battle a brewin'. T'e Firs'. Your friends an' loved ones are a losin'. T'ey need help."

"Thanks, Doyle. I'll be there asap."

Half an hour later, I arrive in Angel's black convertible.

I hurry inside, and look around to see Anya get stabbed in the back by a vampire, with a long stick. I hurry over and stake him with a sword Angel always gives me to use. She falls to the ground and I kneel on the ground and pull it out. I then patch up and clean her wound with the kit I had brought with me.

"Anya."

I gently roll her onto her back.

"Cordelia, what are you doing here?"

"Doyle told me there was a battle and I needed to help."

"I remember him from when I was a Vengeance Demon," she informs me.

"Let's get you up," I say, and gently get her to her feet. I then get her in the car in the backseat. "You need to relax. I'll help the others."

I show up alongside Xander Lavelle Harris, and kill a couple behind him.

"Cordy?"

"Someone I knew before he died, told me about the battle. Doyle. I'm helping out."

"Then welcome back, Cor."

"Thanks."

I smile inwardly at his old nickname for me.

Next, I see her on the ground a distance away, blood where her gut is. It looks like she was shot. Buffy. I care about her. I rush over, stake a vampire standing over here, and then kneel at her side. I clean and patch her wound. I then pull her gently into my arms.

"Buffy? Buffy, can you hear me?" Nothing. "Buff?" The nickname must've brought her back to consciousness, because she looks up at me. "Don't ask. A guy named Doyle told me about the battle. I came to help."

I help her to her feet, and we start slaying together.

Soon, I have one Slayer to help another Slayer. Faith Lehane. I help her out with fighting the two vampires, by staking one. We then slay together.

A few minutes later, the battle ends because of Willow's magic. It kills all evil, and throws us a distance away.

We look to see Willow as Dark Willow. Her eyes and hair are suddenly black. I'm the first one to see that Tara is dead. I look at Willow again.