Cry For Help

*Read as you listen to the soundtrack for best experience*

Monday 5.08 PM

Mina's classes for the day had concluded while Sana was nowhere to be found. She texted her to find out if she was still on campus.

*bing*

"Well, off you go Minari," the young girl told herself, gathering her bag and file

By the time she walked through the gates, the last rays of light were retreating in the far horizon of the cityscape. Mina was trotting carelessly through the narrow streets of Cheonjangsan on her way home.

The late-night chill started to creep as the shadows grew blacker, engulfing the world in its darkness. She had seen darkness before, the kind that makes the streets of Seoul look like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This wasn't like that. This was the darkness that robs you of your senses and replaces it with a crippling fear of anything that moves.

Her hands were trembling.

Unsure if it was a result of the cold or unsettling dread, Mina held herself tightly in her best attempt to console her underlying anxiety. She marched on, avoiding eye contact with the locals decreasing by the numbers with each step she took.

But soon enough she caught glimpse of a shadow cast on the ground beneath her by the street lights, prowling and disappearing into the dark corners whenever she turned around as she tried to justify her paranoia.
Following an instinct for survival or a sudden urge to find back the warmth of her room, Mina paced up the dimly lit pathways towards the sharehouse.

Her eyes soon found the neon lights of the supermarket right around her alley. She ran straight at it. As long as there were people whom she knew around, she would be safe.

Yet, her stalker had other plans. The girl felt a brief but strong yank on her right elbow, breaking her momentum and causing her to land back on the cold concrete.

The dark spectre blinded her vision as she struggled to get back on her feet in vain. Her breathing picked up tempo, a shadow of what was almost turning into a panic attack, her glistening eyes reflecting the little hope she had left of making it out safe and sound. The next thing she knew, she was tossed onto the side panel of the supermarket. Her belongings spread on the pavement at her feet.

Mina was paralysed on the spot; not being able to wrap her head around what was going on. And so, her trembling hands covered her head as she curled herself back in the corner or the street.

"L-l-l-ea-ve m-m-me alo-"

"Mina?" a familiar voice called out her name, carrying a sense of curiosity which helped the scared girl snap back to reality.
She looked up to find the source of the voice only to find Nayeon standing in front of the sliding doors of the supermarket, a plastic bag in hand and a cold drink in the other.
Without hesitation, the young girl launched herself onto Nayeon, her smeared makeup marking Nayeon's coat.