Beautiful Stranger

*Listen to the soundtrack as you read for best experience*

Monday 11.39 AM

Jungkook was over at Tzuyu's on both days of the weekend to make sure she was recuperating okay. The fact that she lived alone beside her landlady on the floor below and another tenant upstairs meant that JK could come about whenever he felt like it. If Tzuyu would let him in of course. And she didn't resist. JK was liking being around her more often, although his primary motive was to ensure her safety and comfort at this moment.

"Do you think I'm going to get into trouble for not going to class?" asked Tzuyu.

"I can't say. But you won't be getting into trouble. I talked to Mina. She'll take care of it."

"You told Mina about what happened??!"

"No. Not about what happened. I don't want people to gossip about you the way they did when I tried to warn them about the monsters."

With those words, Tzuyu caught glimpse of JK's face hardening. She thought back to all the times she could have listened better - anything could have avoided this situation. Things were not as bad for her as JK's friend is having to endure. And he's glancing at his phone again. She could tell his mind was all over the place. He would probably be better off by his friend's side.

"I trust Jaehyun," he murmured, which surprised the girl he was tending to. "So while he's by Mingyu's side, I'll be here. You need to be taken care of too."

Tzuyu responded by tightening her grip on his sleeve. They were both still recovering from the trauma of the recent events and did their best to be there for each other.
Tzuyu resembled Mina in the sense that, like her, she was never good at asking for help. She was used to being the helper all her life - an imbalanced experience of give and take. For her to have someone else take care of each of her smallest needs was a first, yet she did not refuse JK's favours. Her eyes at this moment mellowed whenever she was babied by JK. For the first time since they knew each other, she had seen him in a new light.

"Why are you so sweet to me?" the words left her mouth in a whisper.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

Tzuyu felt her heart clench at the curious look the boy gave her

"He looks like a puppy," she thought. One she wanted to grab and cuddle.