Chapter 2

Arcade music boomed and flashy lights tempted both of you inside, interested to see what games it would have to offer. A wide array of claw machines were lined side-by-side in the middle, with giant shooter games and virtual machinery. To say the least, it had a variety of all sorts of modern technology. Further towards the back were some photobooths with films of Japanese girls to entice passerby's to spend on some prints.

"Wow," You gasped aloud, "It's really big." (Oh?)

"Extremely. What should we try first?" Kakyoin seemed to be eyeing a racing game of some sort. 

"How about the racing one?" You pointed to where his gaze was focused, his eyes lighting up at your choice. 

"No offense, (Y/N), but prepared to be utterly destroyed. I'm confident I can say that without even trying I can beat you." 

"Hey!" You pouted, laughing. 

You both took the car-shaped seats and began scrolling through the different options of cars, colors, and wheel types. Kakyoin had chosen a red Ferrari with a cherry printed on the back, whereas you had chosen a simple black Tesla. Some Japanese text appeared on the screen with English translation, bright text giving the countdown. 

Kakyoin's lavender eyes maintained focus was on the screen, his hands skillfully grasping the joysticks and using boosts whenever yours got close, whereas you were using the boosts just to catch up. With a frustrated sigh, you began to ease into the game, fully completing lap 1/3. He slowed down a bit, teasingly allowing you to catch up to his vibrant-colored Ferrari before flashing you a devilish smile and speeding up again. 

"You are so unfair!" You shoved him playfully, causing him to lose control over his car. 

"Hey, you can't do that, you're interfering with my ability to play right!" His competitive laughter comforting you. 

After finally completing the game, Kakyoin and you hopped out of the machine's seating giving your legs a quick stretch before finding a new game. You thought about trying one of the dancing ones, but your lack of skill in flexibility would probably doom and embarrass you. There were tons of different shooter games that looked killer to try out, as well. 

"Wanna try that one?" You pointed to an ominous Walking Dead shooter game. 

"Really? You don't strike me as one to enjoy horror, but if you want to." 

"I mean, I don't love horror, but The Walking Dead was a reasonably good series." 

You both sat side-by-side on the bench and tactfully moved the large gun-controllers, shooting at the zombies. 

"ACK- HELP," You half-shouted, getting jumped by a zombie who had been lingering in the dark. 

Kakyoin, already one step ahead, shot the zombie before it managed to inflict any more damage to your character. 

"You're not too good at shooting, are you?" He laughed, aiming and taking out all the other zombies of which were beginning to swarm you. 

"Not really, but I'm trying." You beamed, scoring a headshot at a zombie. 

It felt like only minutes had passed before you realized you had spent the past 5 hours messing around in the mall with Kakyoin, and you figured you should probably be getting home before your parents would interrogate you on your whereabouts. 

"Hey, I really enjoyed tonight! But it's getting late, and I have my first day of school tomorrow. So call it a night?" You offered. 

"Yeah, I had a ton of fun. I figure we're gonna be at the same school then. You'll be going to (S/N), right?"