2. Demon & Whatnot Research

Dawn, Cordelia, Willow, Tara, and Spike were at the Summers' house researching to find out what happened to Sylvia. They were all sitting on the couch. Willow was on her laptop, while the others looked at the books. Well, not Spike. He just sat there and looked at a guy magazine about pop and movie stars.

Just then, the former bitch of Sunnydale High stood up.

"We need Anya's help. We're not getting anywhere. I'm gonna go see if I can convince Anya to come over and help us."

"You do that. We'll be here when you get back," Dawn said.

"Okey dokey," Willow said.

"W—we'll keep a—a researching," Tara said.

She walked out.

Despite all her effort to control what she felt, Anya couldn't. She felt her strength draining and she felt pain from holding onto the counter so tightly. Her hands were bleeding. She let go. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she fell to the floor. Hard. Then everything went black.

Cordelia wished the traffic would hurry up. She was in the middle of evening rush hour. It was crazy. This had never happened to her before now. Not in Sunnydale or LA.

"Why now?" she asked aloud.

It was going too slow. Why did it have to be like this today of all days? They had a job to do. A major one.

"Well, at least I'm only a block away," she commented. "In PTB's name, hurry the hell up," she muttered. "I have places to go and things to do." It reminded her of when she had traveled from her hometown to LA. It was nerve racking and hectic.