Chapter 10: Truth Comes Out

I was woken up the next morning by Hanbin and it felt weird to have someeone wake me up without beating my head in or pulling me down the stairs. I looked over to see Hanbin smiling at me and I gave him a confused look. "Do you always smile at your visitors who sleep over?" really. It was strange.

He chuckled, "No, but you need to get up if we're going to make it to school on time," oh, yeah. School. I really didn't want to go but I knew that I couldn't miss. I haven't missed a day of school since I started high school.

Before I got up, he was staring at me. "What?"

"We need to go by your house for some clothes," oh shit. I forgot. "So, we'll go by there after I get dressed and you can get ready there. Also, my mom did pretty good on bandaging you up," he smiled at me then patted my head and left the room. I swear that boy is retarded.

I was dreading going to that house because honestly, I didn't know what was waiting for me. I knew that it couldn't be good though.

I slid on my shoes and made my way downstairs to find Hanbin in the kitchen. I looked around, trying to find his mom. He looked at me and smiled, "Want some breakfast?" he handed me a plate of pancakes and I looked at him.

"I thought you said we were almost late for school?" I mean, he did say something like that.

He chuckled, "No, we have plenty of time," I gave him a confused look. "My mom used to do the same to me in the mornings. She'd lie about the time and it made me get up faster because I thought I would be late," he smiled then motioned for me to sit at the table.

We sat and ate, and it felt weird being in his house for the first time. Although I don't know why, because I've known him for years, but I never set foot into his house until yesterday. I'm not saying that he's house gives me the creeps or anything, it actually lifts my mood up and makes me feel at home.

After we got done, he got up to put our dishes in the sink. I sat there and watched him until he came back and sat down. "What do you think of my mom?" he was sitting across from me, watching me.

I smiled, "She's amazing," I couldn't believe how nice she was. Especially when I came into her home looking like a murder scene.

He smiled the nodded, "I told you that she was. She's the greatest and I'm thankful for her everyday," I could see the smile in his eyes when he talked about her and it only made me miss my mom more.

Oh how I wish she was here.

He got up and told me that we needed to hurry. He ran upstairs to get dressed and I decided to look around. I loved how this house was decorated. It really made you feel good once you walk in the door. When I walked in yesterday, it seemed like every worry I had just disappeared.

No Yoona, no almost getting raped, no bad things, and no Mrs. Chou.

Oh dear.

I don't even think I'll be able to go to school and face her. I can't believe what I did, I mean I can, but why did I have to do it? I really wish I could get ahold of my emotions and my body sometimes because it loves to do things on its own.

I looked around and something caught my eye. It was a crystal ball inside of a glass case. I couldn't touch it, but I didn't want to. It looked like it could break just by breathing on it. It was mesmerizing, like I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I didn't know what was so intriguing about it, but something definitely was.

"You like it?" I nearly jumped when I heard Hanbin's voice behind me. He chuckled as he stepped closer.
"It's an energy ball," I looked back at it and wondered what he meant. "Do you know what that is?" I looked at him and shook my head but he just smiled. "An energy ball sucks all the negative energy out of the house and produces positive energy,"