Coffee Shop

Emma POV

Emma POV

I work in a local coffee shop in Seoul, South Korea. I was born and raised in London. I moved to Korea because my mom had to come to Seoul for business, and it went so well that my mom got a full-time position at this big Food company. That was two years ago. Right after we moved I went to night school to learn Korean and now I run my little coffee shop. Something I always dreamed of and I'm proud of.
I have a co-worker called Kim-Soo, she is my BFF, we're like sisters to each other. She was the first friend I made when I moved here.

Kim- Soo helped me so much to get comfortable with my surroundings, she made me feel so welcome.
She is such a beautiful kind soul, I am very lucky to have her work beside me. Wouldn't want anyone else

"Hello, How May I help you, sir?"

"Yes, can I have a vanilla latte, please?"

"Yes sir, coming right up"

I love making espresso. I know it's just a machine I use to prepare my coffees but it's a top-of-the-line one at that. I learned to make coffee from scratch when I took a class in college; it was all about preparing coffee and the history behind it.
That's when I decided that I wanted to open my café. A place for people to feel at home. A place to bring your family and friends and feel homey. I also have a small menu with some comfort foods, a mix between classic British cuisine and traditional Korean dishes. I like showing people what my birth country has to offer.

"Here you go sir, your vanilla latte, would you like anything else?"

"No, thank you."

"Okay sir, enjoy the rest of your day."

Time skip **************

"Kim-Soo can you collect the cups and clear Table 3, please?"

"Right away Emma",
Kim- Soo got her tray and cloth and started to clear the table right away.

"I need to get more coffee beans from the back, just watch the floor for me, please."

"Okay, Emma"

"Thank you so much, Kim soo."

My coffee shop is open from 10 am to 8 pm. The busiest time is 6 p.m after people are off work they usually come by to relax and catch up with friends or even co-workers. Everybody is so kind here.
But even though I love my cafe' and my friends, something else is missing in my life.

"Emma, why do you look so down? Is everything okay?"

Kim-Soo asked me with a confused and concerned look. She always had the power of reading me without saying a word.

"Yeah, I'm okay Kim soo, I'm just tired, I guess."

"Why don't we close up early and have a coffee and a girly chat about anything you want, I will lend you my ears?"

"It's okay Kim, I'm just thinking about things and how life would have been different if I didn't move here. I love it here, but something is missing in life."

Kim soo lifts her right eyebrow

"I'm 27 years old, I always wanted a family one day, I see the family's come in and out of the coffee shop. I just wish I would find that perfect guy who could give me this, one day."

"You will have it one day, Emma you just have to be patient. The right Man will show up at your doorstep one day, I promise. Who wouldn't want to date you? You're a successful business owner, you are beautiful, sexy, and kind. "Come on, that British accent". Kills me every time. Everyone would love to have you as a partner."

Kim soo always has the appropriate words to say when I'm down, it means so much to me that I have her to share my concerns and worries with. My mom is never around, she hasn't been in my life much since we moved to Seoul. Her words are 'talk later or 'I'm busy with work, we will catch up.'
I just want a mom around. Just to talk and do mother-daughter things together.

"Thank you, Kim-Soo. Let's just close up now, it's been a long day. I don't know about you but I need food, a hot bath, and my bed."

💜Hey everyone.💜
Thank you all for reading.

I have to change the name to Emma because I don't like using Y/N