Four- Unheard

(^ that is what Ravi was wearing to your date ;)

Your POV

You sat down in the soft booth. It was a nice place. Although you hadn't been here before, you could tell it was a well loved place, families and friends were enjoying their meal in this lively restaurant. You just couldn't understand why Ken wanted to meet you here. He had a shift on now. You knew because you kept track, so you could come in at just the right time when he was there.

"Hey, may I sit here?"

You looked up to meet an unfamiliar face, he was a good looking and well dressed in a maroon and black jacket, and dark jeans. He looked well off, judging from his jewellery.

"Um, sorry, this seat is saved for someone else, maybe you have the wrong table."

He shook his head

"I was told, you were the one." He sat down anyways

Oh well, I guess you had a friend to spend time with while you waited for Ken to arrive.

"The one? Who are you talking about?" You furrowed your brow, had you just been set up by Ken?
It would make sense, he had been vague about the time and place to meet him.

"Oh, I see he hasn't told you yet."

You looked up to meet his eyes, they were a deep shade of brown.

"Who hasn't told me what?"

"Ken. He didn't tell you did he?"
"If so, I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. I'm Ravi. Ken must not have told you he couldn't make it today, he had a shift pop up at work so he sent me to see you, he doesn't like leaving people without an answer, or dinner." He smiled at you

He seemed experienced with his excuse, responding as soon as you finished talking, almost as if he had done this countless times. Like second nature

You nodded, as if you acknowledged the excuse and believed it. But really, you wanted to get more information out of him, why was he here? Who was he? And why isn't Ken here?

"So, how do you know Ken?" You took a sip of your water, awaiting his response.

"He's an old friend of mine, we met in school, nothing elaborate"

He didn't give much away, did he.

"So, Ravi. Why isn't Ken here? It isn't really like him to leave others hanging?"

"You see, Y/N, he's a busy man, and always gets caught up in his work, so he always seems to forget about plans and such. So irresponsible. He always neglects people. By the way, tell me about yourself. I haven't seen you around before?"

He was basically just spitting out words at this point, so much for his looks. But something else made me hesitate before giving my response. Was he was trying to deter me from Ken?

"Well-

He got cut short by the door slamming open, the bell jingling furiously

I turned around, following the noise to a guy standing at the door, his hat covering his face, so I couldn't recognise him from his face.

But I knew who it was.

It was Ken.